Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santos Tour Down Under 2011

Options
  • 15-01-2011 3:09am
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Starts Tuesday, 6 stages in total - full details here

Start List

Preview race on Sunday - the Cancer Council Classic - a 51km race around the streets of Adelaide

TV Coverage on Sky, with highlights shows and live coverage of the last couple of stages (and no tennis interruption!)

As this is the first stage race of the year, a reminder on spoilers - this is a general race thread and any "current stage" or other race information that others may wish to watch through delayed TV coverage must be contained in spoiler tags until midnight on the day of the stage

If anyone wishes to start a specific stage thread, spoiler tags are not required, but the thread title should state that spoilers are included. The first post of any such thread must not contain any "spoiler" information (as this is picked up by "mouse hover preview")

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭DonVincenzo

On the subject of the tour down under - any ideas of websites that you're likely to be able to get highlights/watch live?

I got rid of Sky Sports last year in a moment of rage with UPS about their service!! Cut off my nose to spite my face eh??

Anyway - most cycling on Eurosport, but they don't seem to be covering this event at all unfortunately.

Any help would be appreciated
    DV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Not usually a great race but really looking forward to Cav vs Greipel this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

Doesn't seem to be on Eurosport... Will I have to go to steephill?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Cancer Council Classic won by Matt Goss from Mark Renshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Unusual not to have it on eurosport isn't it?

Is this a side-effect of SKY team sponsorship??? Poxy pay per view cycling coverage?:mad:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

fat bloke wrote: »

Is this a side-effect of SKY team sponsorship??? Poxy pay per view cycling coverage?:mad:
    Same as last year when Sky covered this event, and Eurosport covered the European events. I would add that Eurosport will have the Aussie Open tennis wall to wall foor the next 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

fat bloke wrote: »

Having it only on Sky HD seems counter-intuitive. I'd have thought Sky would try to maximise exposure thereby maximizing it's investment in sponsorship. I really can't see too many signing up to the HD package for a one-off cycling event. They've obviously done the numbers, factored in stuff thats a mystery to me, and come to a different conclusion-pity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

100Suns wrote: »
    Having it only on Sky HD seems counter-intuitive. I'd have thought Sky would try to maximise exposure thereby maximizing it's investment in sponsorship. I really can't see too many signing up to the HD package for a one-off cycling event. They've obviously done the numbers, factored in stuff thats a mystery to me, and come to a different conclusion-pity.

It's available in standard definition too, what are you on about?

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_6638412,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Beasty wrote: »
    Same as last year when Sky covered this event, and Eurosport covered the European events. I would add that Eurosport will have the Aussie Open tennis wall to wall foor the next 2 weeks

you trying to convert us to tennis ? :confused:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

It's available in standard definition too, what are you on about?

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_6638412,00.html

Thanks for the clarification. Sky had been advertising it over the weekend and the only channels referenced were the HD channels (which are not part of the standard Sky Sports package on UPC).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Flygroove

So for non sky folk, wheres the best place to get
    highlights?
    Live on line coverage?

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/1454 - is this the best?

Final stage highlights currently on Sky Sports 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

look at the roads and the sun ,, wtf am i doing in this dump

Advertisement