Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's backing Kauto?

Options
  • 15-01-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who's backing Kauto Star for the big race at Kempton? I am tempted to lump on but the price of 4/6 PP is fairly ****e but if it romps it, well it's free money.
    Gonna have a hefty bet on Long Run W/O Kauto @5/2 but might have a large on Kauto to win @4/6 PP .

Any thoughts value wise?

Who are you backing in big race Kempton? 21 votes

Kauto Star
    0% 0 votes
    Long Run
    38% 8 votes
    The Nightingale
    14% 3 votes
    Nacarat
    4% 1 vote
    Forpadydeplasterer
    0% 0 votes
    Planet of Sound
    9% 2 votes
    Riverside Theatre
    4% 1 vote
    Madison Du Berlais
    28% 6 votes
    Albertas Run
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I wouldn't even dream of backing Long Run against the others, even without Kauto. His jumping isn't up to scratch and he has a fellow with the mobility of my Granny on board.

I'm backing Riverside Theatre e/w. It'll be in my thread in a while. I think he'll place if he jumps around soundly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

Im on kauto star at evens.
    500 on the nose..

if i was you i wouldnt get involved at 4/6..
    it puzzles me why people dont bet before the inevitable happenes,,he was going to be backed no matter what..

the e/w horse for me is The Nightingale...:)

best of luck to everyone anyway,cracking days racing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I agree with xPyRo - don't fancy Long Run at all! His jumping will fall to pieces under the kind of pressure the speed of tomorrow's race will produce. You could make a strong case for lumping on KS (8/11 in WH, BTW) but otherwise I'd leave it alone. Don't bother trying to pick the second if you think Kauto will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 AlterEgo92

I see a big run from Forpadydeplasterer. I know he doesn't like soft ground, but the ground hasn't been raced on in almost a year which should limit any ill-effects that would cause. He has never raced 3 miles before, but has okay grade 1 form over not a whole lot less, is a cool, collected horse, and is surely worth each way consideration. Love the booking of Thornton too, a great jockey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Would be great to see Kauto win as he's a class act but i dont think its as guaranteed as people are making out, im on the Nightingale e/w already, if it goes the distance its a sure place, and it should looking at its previous races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Anything with Riverside in its name gets my attention (being a Middlesbrough fan of course), but I do fancy Riverside Theatre to go well tomorrow. There's a big run in that horse. its going to come sooner than later, and Barry Geraghty on board (my fav jockey), its hard not to resist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Odds too short to get involved:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I've lumped pretty big on Kauto Star.

A smaller each way bet on the nightingale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Kauto Star has to make a mistake sometime. In the meantime, there's 7s to be had on Alberta Run to be in the top 3. Second to Kauto in the past and very unlucky to fall when battling it out with Master Minded last time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 chrisxii

yes i agree, but wont the ground be a bit soft for kauto star?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

Straight Forecast

Kauto Star 1st
    Riverside Theatre 2nd

anyone know how to calculate forecast odds? havent ever done one before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

x PyRo wrote: »
    I wouldn't even dream of backing Long Run against the others, even without Kauto. His jumping isn't up to scratch and he has a fellow with the mobility of my Granny on board.
    Oh dear

CiaranC wrote: »
    Oh dear

Never been wrong before have you? You should become a professional gambler then so.

I'm happy with second.

Edit: Plus I'll admit I'm wrong about Waley-Cohen and Long Run, great ride and a really talented horse at Kempton. Still won't win around Cheltenham because he won't jump there for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Never been wrong before have you? You should become a professional gambler then so.

I'm happy with second.

Edit: Plus I'll admit I'm wrong about Waley-Cohen and Long Run, great ride and a really talented horse at Kempton. Still won't win around Cheltenham because he won't jump there for some reason.

You are happy with second?:D:D:D

awww geesh. crack me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

iggy wrote: »
    Just wondering who's backing Kauto Star for the big race at Kempton? I am tempted to lump on but the price of 4/6 PP is fairly ****e but if it romps it, well it's free money.
    Gonna have a hefty bet on Long Run W/O Kauto @5/2 but might have a large on Kauto to win @4/6 PP .

Any thoughts value wise?

Happy with that :D:D

You are happy with second?:D:D:D

awww geesh. crack me up.

Eh, well considering I've barely been able to pick anything to get near the frame lately, I'm very happy. Plus being proved right that a horse who was 18/1 this morning would get involved is satisfying. Quite simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm happy with second.

Agreed Pyro,it's easy to comment on your earlier post after the race when you don't before it.
    Horses for courses is a big thing. Cheltenham is so unforgiving it'll find out even the smallest problems with jumping. Reminds me of Makfi and Ascot.

Advertisement