Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a small bitta help cubase related

Options
  • 15-01-2011 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

hey lads got a little recording set up there so i can stick a few ideas down as they come nothing fancy but enough (i think)

so im familiar enough from time in studios how to record the music but its the setting up thats givin me the hump

i can put in sound (it shows its picking up sound) but i cant get anything out of the system atall no playback whatsover..

im running an alesis multimix 8 usb fx and the cubase LE 5 that comes with it and recording guitars with a 57 and direct input if im stuck and a little bit of synth if the motivation hits. I've got mo external monitors but i do have an amp that i had connected and my laptop has speakers built in (obviously :P)

whats the easiest way of fixing this problem??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭fuzztone

The sound will be coming out of the Multimix 8, not your onboard soundcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

If you are inputting from your interface you are outputting through it too.
    Check your device setup to make sure you arent actually picking up audio from the built in microphone if you are playing acoustic or something like that. Just to be sure.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKbRA-Imcs

If you dont have speakers to connect to your interface download ASIO4ALL and then after recording switch to ASIO4ALL and use its control panel to select your built in sound card.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYDEU_Mm8zg

Not ideal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

fuzztone wrote: »
    The sound will be coming out of the Multimix 8, not your onboard soundcard.

im aware of that but whatever connections i use nothing comes out of speakers ive hooked up
    bbk wrote: »
    If you are inputting from your interface you are outputting through it too.
    Check your device setup to make sure you arent actually picking up audio from the built in microphone if you are playing acoustic or something like that. Just to be sure.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKbRA-Imcs

If you dont have speakers to connect to your interface download ASIO4ALL and then after recording switch to ASIO4ALL and use its control panel to select your built in sound card.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYDEU_Mm8zg

Not ideal though.

cheers mate ill look into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

im aware of that but whatever connections i use nothing comes out of speakers ive hooked up
    Are you sure? Are they "hooked up" to the mixer, or your laptop? Because they should be hooked up to the mixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Decitronic

If you want I can jump on Teamviewer, take a look at your settings and hopefully fix them in a minute or two and then explain what was wrong after. [By controlling your computer through it online, don't worry you can see everything I'm doing and cancel the session at anytime so you don't need to worry about me doing anything dodgy]

There's too many options to bother writing out each of them individually and having you searching for them, I find just jumping on teamviewer a far more logical and effective process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Decitronic wrote: »
    If you want I can jump on Teamviewer, take a look at your settings and hopefully fix them in a minute or two and then explain what was wrong after. [By controlling your computer through it online, don't worry you can see everything I'm doing and cancel the session at anytime so you don't need to worry about me doing anything dodgy]

There's too many options to bother writing out each of them individually and having you searching for them, I find just jumping on teamviewer a far more logical and effective process.

jesus man thatd be a sound job!!

pm me there and we'll talk business

Advertisement