Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using EZ drummer with Cubase SX?

Options
  • 14-01-2011 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

...and can you help me?

Overall, it seems straightforward enough in that I can record sounds - by painting in the midi editor, which is what I'm used to but a few things I don't get:

As soon as I open EZ, 8 tracks automatically open in Cubase. Since realised that these are probably the 8 tracks that are referred to in the EZ mixer control however I can't do anything with them - they are just ... there.

It was my understanding that I could record and separately pan all the components of the EZ kit - if so, how?

The manual is a bit vague - or maybe it's just me. I have tried assigning different elements of the kit, via the mixer, to what I assume are each of the 8 tracks but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Neither does it seem to make a difference if I opt for multichannel or stereo.

For now, if I want to do a drum track there is this extra midi track, at the end of the 8 EZ tracks that allows me to do so but the rest of the tracks don't seem to have a function?!

It's probably something really silly I know but can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

im guessing you need to route the instruments from EZdrummer to their outputs (the tracks that are doing nothing in cubase). quite how you'd do it in ezdrummer ive no idea, i use superior drummer but that has its own dedicated routing abilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

DaDumTish wrote: »

:o doh.

Simple really. I needed to click the activate yoke in the edit section of the VST selection. I guess the EZ manual assumes you have some knowledge of this type of thing - which of course I don't.

Thanks guys!

Edit: As it happens, Cubase SX is too clever. Basically, it had opened up the extra channels anyway., by default or something. Then, all I have to do is open extra midi to create drum track with all the EZ tracks separated already, editable in isolation. Amazing programmes. Cubase and EZ, that is!

Advertisement