Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vob file question

Options
  • 14-01-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

im new to video editing. the camera im using finalizes discs with vob files on them. the vob files work ok in premiere pro but they are alot shorter than the clip i recorded. is there a proper way of taking them off the disc? i just drag and drop the vob files from the disc to a folder but even if the clip was originally 2 minutes long the vob file is only around 10 seconds long :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Hmm, you say it finalises discs with VOB files? Sounds like your camera is making a video DVD of the footage you've shot - the VOB files are not designed to be drag n' droppable to a computer for editing,.

I'm not sure if your hardware can be persuaded to record mpeg files , or whether the camera maker provides software for ripping from dvd to video file, however you'll need to make that step before editing.

Advertisement