Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time capsule find

Options
  • 14-01-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

i know this might not be the exact place to go but i couldnt find anywhere else.

we buried a biscuit tin about 15 years ago in the garden to be dug up in 2000.

over the years i tried finding it by digging holes.
    it s along the wall of the garage somewhere so its not like a big field to search but im thinking of getting a metal detector. will this be useless with nails and bottle caps around or will the metal in the box be unique enough.

unfortunately its too weak to to just get a pick axe or mini digger at the soil in case i break it up.

any help appreciated.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

You can pick up a metal detector fairly cheaply in argos as far as I know. You can set the sensitivity on them to ignore smaller metal signals and focus only on what you are looking for. I have one which I bought to find horse shoes in the sand at the stables.

Just don't go looking for archaeology finds!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Would you not leave it a bit longer than 15 years though :confused:

We buried one about twenty five years ago when I was a kid. And I built a deck about ten years ago and I buried one under it. I'm in no hurry to locate either and actually would prefer if someone else finds it tbh!

Unless you buried a big load of moneys?!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭goldenwonder

amdublin wrote: »
    Would you not leave it a bit longer than 15 years though :confused:
    :D
    i might bury another one but this one i think was just something our mother gave us to do when i was 7. afaik theres a matchbox car and a michael jackson scarf and probably a few more toys. was meant for the millenium but now trees have grown thicker near the site and id like to just find it. nothing for anyone else to find in it.
    next one il do properly.
    metal detector with the sensitivity sounds good. might try that.
    cheers
    hopefully its not wrecked or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hey Bar, I think we've got a metal detector lying around the house somewhere, so give me a buzz or something if you need a lend of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭goldenwonder

Hey Bar, I think we've got a metal detector lying around the house somewhere, so give me a buzz or something if you need a lend of it.

really?
    nice one yeah, il have to clear the surface area first though but yeah il give you a call cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement