Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Desire Z the only phone with an external keyboard?

Options
  • 14-01-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

After recently breaking my Desire, I'm after another Android phone.

I'd like something like the Desire Z with it's external keyboard but looks like only Meteor/eMobile will be selling that. I'm on O2 at the moment but would like a move to 3 if possible.

So are there any other "modern" phones that run Android 2.2 out of the box with an external keyboard? Or 2.1 with an automatic update?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Otacon wrote: »

Interesting. Never heard of it before. Do any of the operators do it in Ireland or is it a case of SIM free?

Seems Motorola get a right battering on the XDA forums. Might be best to give this phone a miss.

I think my only real option for now is the Desire HD on Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro?? http://www.intomobile.com/2010/04/26/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-mini-and-mini-pro-due-on-rogers-may-or-june

Available on all networks as far as I know. Small screen but other than that those that have them love them.

Ben

Yep, loved the look of it but no 2.2 or plans from Sony to release it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Yes. I'm afraid so. All the American's get all of the phones with a physical keyboard. The Desire Z (G2) looks good in all fairness. Why not just port over to meteor? They have fairly cheap plans and great service too.

Not hearing great things about Meteor and their coverage TBH. The wife is moving to Three so it's as handy to move to them also.

Loved the Desire Z but apparently it doesn't meet the minimum specs for Androad 3.0. Best bet might be the Desire HD (€139 on Three plus €40 a month)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Well I've never had any coverage issues anywhere in Dublin and I've been on Meteor for 6 years now and nothing. :D

I'm sure it will be able to run Honeycomb if you root it. If you're really looking for a physical keyboard, I think it would do the job, if you really want to go to 3 just get the DHD. Haven't heard many bad things about that beast. GL. :D

Advertisement