Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zuckerberg - is he unique?

Options
  • 14-01-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi All,

I saw the movie last night and I couldn't help be in awe of the guys numeric capabilities. I guess what I am more curious about though is whether or not there are people of his standard in DkIT (not his personality though ;)).
    Do they exist in every college? I don't study math so my appreciation for it and its applications has risen.

Anyone think their class is full of genius'?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There where a few in my graduating class......including me of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Yeah Yeah lol.....

I bet you all say that. I need to PM you if poss.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The film has completely Hollywood-ised his story, his personality and lifestyle is nothing like that portrayed in the movie.

A few people in my class were really clever but haven't translated that into anything significant in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

I actually thought it made him out to be what he is. Single minded, driven intelligent and focused. Those are not common traits in most people regardless of age. However, at the age he was when he 'became' his project, it was obvious he lacked commercial enterprise but he would defend himself by saying he never pretended to have and also that that just isn't who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The Munky wrote: »
    I actually thought it made him out to be what he is. Single minded, driven intelligent and focused. Those are not common traits in most people regardless of age. However, at the age he was when he 'became' his project, it was obvious he lacked commercial enterprise but he would defend himself by saying he never pretended to have and also that that just isn't who he is.

I've never seen the film just going by interviews he done after the movie was released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

draffodx wrote: »
    I've never seen the film just going by interviews he done after the movie was released

The movie is worth watching if you use facebook but as with all hollywood movies it has been dramatised.

Advertisement