Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting Irish Language

Options
  • 14-01-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I'm about to set up a non-profit portal for the promotion of minority languages. The main goal is to produce texts in these languages from the translation of works from the Gutenberg project and high quality novels in the public domain not featured yet there. An audio version will be made available through librivox.org. The second objective will be to inform visitors on and support translation of software in their language. -mainly open source, like open office.-

I'm looking for volunteers -translators or readers- willing to make a difference by spending a little of their spare time.

Any Irish-speaking member interested in the project? If so, feel free to contact me by pm or at jcclairotte (at) gmail .dot. com

Thank you!

Jean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Best for you to widen your search, here's a couple of more forums you should post your request in

Daltaí na Gaeilge

Irish Gaelic Translation Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dagaz11

Thanks a lot for the links, Crosáidí. I should have added any lead was appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

dagaz11 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the links, Crosáidí. I should have added any lead was appreciated.

Foras na Gaeilge will probably be willing to help with costs for this.

Also, you could sent an email to some of the Irish language news papers, Foince and Gaelscéal, they would know a good few people with an Interest in writing As Gaeilge.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dagaz11

Foras na Gaeilge will probably be willing to help with costs for this.

Also, you could sent an email to some of the Irish language news papers, Foince and Gaelscéal, they would know a good few people with an Interest in writing As Gaeilge.

I have another project for which I'll be willing to pay for translation into Irish as it's an online game but this one is purely non-profit and intended to make all its material available for free, like librivox and gutenberg. I also like the idea of some people offering a little of their time for a good cause, which I'll be doing taking care of the technical maintenance.

Thank you for the newspaper tip. I hadn't thought about the option.

Advertisement