Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing smell of diarrhea from wooden floors

Options
  • 13-01-2011 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey my pup had very bad diarrhea and it seems to be impossible to get rid of the smell from the wooden floors! I've mopped and mopped with normal cleaners but I reckon it could be in the slats! Any ideas how to get rid of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Found this link on parenting forum, WD40 seems to be good for most things, says can be used on wood floors there somewhere, it may be enough to loosen it from the grooves.

http://www.wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

Smell wise, biological washing powder? has to be bio.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

use a white vinegar/water solution,not sure on the exact mix but it does remove the smell of dog pee so id imagine same for doggie poo

http://www.ehow.com/removing-dog-odor/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Biological washing powder/liquid is the best thing to remove poo and pee smells from everything. Must be bio though as it contains enzymes that break down organic products. A solution in warm (not roasting hot) water washed over the area a few times, then rinsed with plain water and then a mild solution of disinfectant (Milton or something like that) washed over and left to dry works brilliantly (I have done this myself several times).

You can get enzyme cleaners from more large pet stores but I find these are only handy for new pee/poo marks, smells etc. They are, however, very good as a "spot on" cleaner. The bio washing powder/liquid works just as well, is very easy to get and generally smells nicer anyway!

If you think it as gotten between the slats of the wood, a toothbrush or something similar would get it out for you (use the bio solution on the brush). If the floor is real wood be sure not to soak it in cleaner (or soak in between the slats either) and dry it well afterwards - if the wood gets too wet or is left wet it will expand and this can cause damage to the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

If it is in between the boards I used a wooden skewer (like along cocktail stick) with a cloth to get down between mine to clean them out. Of course along with loads of anti-everything cleaner:)

Advertisement