Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideas on touring please.

Options
  • 13-01-2011 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good 3to4 day tour leaving from drogheda .
    a good campsite at the end of the day and if there's a good pub with good music trad or folk that would be a bonus.
    i would not want to stay in big towns i like things quiet and safe;)
    milage around 50 to 60 a day would be fine.
    thanks all, hope you can come up with a plan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

3 to 4 day tour at 60km a day can't be that hard to figure out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Head North and get the enterprise home on the 4th day.

Or instead of going to Kilkeel, when you get to Newry take the Canal path to Portadown then cycle back the way you came.
    http://www.cycleni.com/110/newry-canal-towpath/

Or head to Dublin and take the canals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

thanks lads but something more in the line of getting to a nice camp site would be more like it.
    i did the north last year nice enough but expensive £15 for a pitch which was right on the main road but i wont go into that.
    i was thinking heading over to Virgina camp there the night then move on the next day .
    but where to go from there ,campsites seem to be few and far between in that part of the country.
    so please keep it coming lads much appreciated;).

Advertisement