Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swine flu

Options
  • 13-01-2011 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

I understood that memebers of frontline emergency services were to be vaccinated against swine flu during the last outbreak due to their increased probability of catching it, particularly ambulance and hospital staff. Was this implemented at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

k_mac wrote: »
    I understood that memebers of frontline emergency services were to be vaccinated against swine flu during the last outbreak due to their increased probability of catching it, particularly ambulance and hospital staff. Was this implemented at all?

Not in our job anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

I wish they would stop calling it the swine flu and start reporting it with a little bit of sanity. It's the not the black death ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

How about calling it by it's proper name, H1N1... swine flu makes it sound hysterical...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Locust

Ahh!!!! Coughh cough! Yeah they should be giving public servants the jab, readily available, if they are serious about the whole H1N1 thing. The volume of people the organization and other emergency services deals with, dfb, HSE etc on a daily basis - i mean c'mon vacinate the lot of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Not in our job anyway.

Although I am not ES , I do deal with public and food stuffs. I too was not offered/told to get the vaccine. In turn one team member is out sick with H1N1 . Suppose I will be getting it soon, although I think I had it and dealt with it.

I would fully support a roll out too people dealing with the public . Cause it can stop it either going out or coming in threw the host (person) . Madness it has not been rolled out yet to people dealing with the public day in day out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement