Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price drop campers

Options
  • 13-01-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Been looking on done deal lately and some of the newer campers coming up for sale are at giveaway pricess saw a 2005 6 berth for 17k yesterday it might be a caser of too good to be true but there are a lot of bargains out there at the moment the new vrt price dosent seem to have kicked in on the used market

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Think there's a lot of people having to make hard decisions to have one less vehicle in the driveway.....

There's a Granduca '00 reg asking €13k - that's quite a low price. A 95 VW 2.4 tdi based one for €11k..... 2 years ago I would have snapped that up without inspection (well... maybe not quite) instead of traipsing off to Germany to locate my 94 van, drive it home, pay VRT etc.

The ones on donedeal look fairly clean too - used to be anything approaching 10k was mankey.

Great time for anyone getting into campervans, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hymer514

I brought a 1995 and a 1999 back from germany both one owner campers still have the 1999 they were like new condition looked around at a load here but they were in very bad state unless you were going for something newer amazing the way they look after them there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Worrying for us owners but great for buyers.. I was in getting gas last weekend in my local motorhome dealer and he was telling me he sold a 2008 6 berth for 20 k last week..

Scarey... whats my poor 1998 hymer worth if this is the case....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Good, damp free , solid campers are always worth a premium . WE could trade in lots of dodgey yokes and sell 'em out again for small money , but generally there's a good reason for a camper being that cheap .

Out of interest , what brand was that 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Good, damp free , solid campers are always worth a premium . WE could trade in lots of dodgey yokes and sell 'em out again for small money , but generally there's a good reason for a camper being that cheap .

Out of interest , what brand was that 2008?

Not sure on the brand.. He was just telling me he sold it for a customer.. of course it could have been a pup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

most likely!

Advertisement