Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa Value?

Options
  • 13-01-2011 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just looking for a little feedback. How much would a 1995 Opel Corsa be worth? I'm not expecting much but the car is in perfect working condition, and rarely gave any trouble with full NCT and tax. I used to drive it to school last year but I have thanfully upgraded since I started college, and its just parked in a shed since so I'm thinking about getting rid of it. How much could I expect to get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

5-900 ish i suppose with 2 years test and some tax

is it red?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

It has 1 years test and tax till the end of may. No its blue/purple

a bit less then really

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

andyseadog wrote: »

is it red?

Upto €900 for a 16 year old Corsa? :eek:

I was thinking between 500-600 myself

Re Edit

Oh and its 16 years actually haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

is it red?

Optimistic valuation there. And what on earth has the colour to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Stick it on Donedeal for say €650 and take anything for over €500

5-900 hundred, condition dependent really, hard to say with the info given which is why i went for the broad spectrum. could be a 1 owner car, full opel service history, 20 or 30 thousand miles for all we know, combined with the mention of 'full' test and tax for all we know.

red matters, because opel made a bad attempt at the red on those and they always fade chronically, so imo the value of a red one would be less again because the look very tatty compared to the other colours in the range

5-900 hundred, condition dependent really, hard to say with the info given which is why i went for the broad spectrum. could be a 1 owner car, full opel service history, 20 or 30 thousand miles for all we know, combined with the mention of 'full' test and tax for all we know.

red matters, because opel made a bad attempt at the red on those and they always fade chronically, so imo the value of a red one would be less again because the look very tatty compared to the other colours in the range

I'm the second owner, my grandfather gave me the car when I was learning to drive. Id say it has about 120,000 miles, never used it for long journeys just around the local area and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

What is the mileage OP?

Low mileage one here with over a years test also, and three years newer

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1805805

Id say put it up for something reasonable like 600/650 and if someone comes to view stick to your guns.
    In reality if you got 500/550 for it your smiling.

Best of luck hope she goes fast

Edit: just seen that post there, in comparison to other cars out there you should def be happy with 500/550. and you will get that so again good luck!

• Advertisement

JustLen wrote: »
    What is the mileage OP?

Low mileage one here with over a years test also, and three years newer

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1805805

Id say put it up for something reasonable like 600/650 and if someone comes to view stick to your guns.
    In reality if you got 500/550 for it your smiling.

Best of luck hope she goes fast

Edit: just seen that post there, in comparison to other cars out there you should def be happy with 500/550. and you will get that so again good luck!

Ya I'm not expecting much tbh but maybe a Learner driver will pick it up for a few hundread, it did the job for me when I was learning

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There's always a market for small cheap cars like that, having one year of NCT left and some tax is perfect. You'll sell it no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Tax til may and nct for a year.

Give it a good clean, take some nice pictures. Put it on donedeal with plenty of info for €600 euro on Saturday and it will be gone by the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

jaffa20 wrote: »

Give it a good clean, take some nice pictures. Put it on donedeal with plenty of info for €600 euro on Saturday and it will be gone by the end of the day.

True

What would be the best way of going about selling it? Internet sites or papers or what?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jaffa20 wrote: »

As jaffa20 said, if you put it up on www.donedeal.ie with good pictures of a clean car. It will sell in a matter of hours.

Advertisement