Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 locked phone - switch to Tesco mobile

Options
  • 13-01-2011 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Im thinking about switching to Tesco mobile. They seem to have good deals such as double credit etc.

My phone is locked to o2 and o2 say that the phone must be sent away to be unlocked as i entered the wrong unlock code a few times.

Will the Tesco mobile sim work in my phone without getting it unlocked since they are using the o2 network anyway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Im thinking about switching to Tesco mobile. They seem to have good deals such as double credit etc.

My phone is locked to o2 and o2 say that the phone must be sent away to be unlocked as i entered the wrong unlock code a few times.

Will the Tesco mobile sim work in my phone without getting it unlocked since they are using the o2 network anyway?

Hi cullen5998,

No, you will need an unlocked, SIM-Free or Tesco Mobile locked phone to switch to tesco mobile. Our network operates the same type of locks as the other mobile networks. While we share O2's mast network we operate with separate network infrastructure for everything else.

We have phones from €19.99 on sale in store or online presently.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

EDIT

Deleted from here. Started new thread about webtexts instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I suspect the OP may have found a solution to his/her query, given it was posted three years ago. Please do not raise long-dead threads from the grave, rosshimaroshan. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement