Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice on Venues..

Options
  • 13-01-2011 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Some friends and I are organising a once off club night, and are trying to find a suitable venue. We need somewhere that can accomodate 300-500 people, and has a stage. Preferably too, we want somewhere with a large open floor space, rather than lots of small rooms.

We have been looking at the Workman's, The Grand Social, or possibly the Button Factory.

Could you guys give us any different ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Some friends and I are organising a once off club night, and are trying to find a suitable venue. We need somewhere that can accomodate 300-500 people, and has a stage. Preferably too, we want somewhere with a large open floor space, rather than lots of small rooms.

We have been looking at the Workman's, The Grand Social, or possibly the Button Factory.

Thanks

The Button Factory was the first one i thought of also. Seems to suit everything you are asking for. The Village on Wexford Street sounds like it would be perfect also as it would easily fit that number. The layout is not unlike the Button Factory but would hold more people if you needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Thanks

Before you organize it are you sure you'll get a crowd that big in? or is this just wishful thinking? If you can get it i'd suggest somewhere like the mezz downstairs..holds about 350... the pint is nice and cheap and holds 300 including the smoking garden.. the twisted pepper has a good room for club nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Button Factory ftw. Location, location, location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Savman wrote: »
    Button Factory ftw. Location, location, location.

But its only if you can actually fill the venue that its worth your while booking a venue that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

But its only if you can actually fill the venue that its worth your while booking a venue that size.
    2 sides to it i suppose, you dont want a half empty venue but you also dont want to have people turned away. 300-500 is a big gap so really depends on which it is closer to

• Advertisement
Advertisement