Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microchip and IKC

Options
  • 13-01-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭

Hi all, as some of you may know I have a young Malamute pup, on Monday he was micro-chipped at my local vet, and the breeder who I am still in contact with has sent on the registration form with the microchip bar-code to the IKC.

Now here is my worry, today I brought him up to the vet for his 2nd set of shots and they could not find a microchip anywhere, they used 3 machines and not one bleep. On the day of the chipping the nurse went over him with her scanner and it did show up a serial number but today...nothing. I am lucky they have a record of it being done or else they might think I was scamming them.

They were very surprised and said it had never happened before and so agreed to give me a new chip for free, My worry is the the old chip number has gone off the the IKC, will this effect things for me in the future If I want to show him?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Have they chipped him with the new one yet? If not id ask them to hold off for the moment.

Call the IKC first and see what the situation is as they might have to amend his papers if the chip number is different so i wouldnt do anything before talking to them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Ok, Jusst caught the breeder before she posted the form, told her I am sending her the new barcode. Lucky save. Thanks again Andreac.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

maybe im reading wrong, did u chip the dog yourself. surely should have already chipped by breader?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

maybe im reading wrong, did u chip the dog yourself. surely should have already chipped by breader?

No, if you read the original post you will see where he says it was chipped at his vets.:)

Advertisement