Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro football hall of fame class of 2011

Options
  • 13-01-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭

Right seeing as it's that time of year again when the class for 2011 is narrowed down to finalist for induction in Canton in august. Five modern inductees and a maximum of two Senior inductees can go in in August.

A finalist must receive a minimum positive vote of 80 percent to be elected.
    Here are the 17 finalists (*-denotes senior nominee):
    Jerome Bettis
    Tim Brown
    Cris Carter
    Dermontti Dawson
    Richard Dent
    Chris Doleman
    Marshall Faulk
    Charles Haley
    *Chris Hanburger, LB (1965-78 Washington Redskins)
    Cortez Kennedy
    Curtis Martin
    Andre Reed,
    *Les Richter, LB (1954-62 Los Angeles Rams)
    Willie Roaf
    Ed Sabol, Contributor (1964-1995 NFL Films)
    Deion Sanders,
    Shannon Sharpe

My final selection is

Cris Carter(****ing has to he did more than catch TDs)
    Marshall Faulk
    Ed Sabol
    Charles Haley
    Deion Sanders or Shannon Sharpe
    And the two senior selections.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Shannon Sharpe HAS to get in. Revolutionised the TE position and retired the all time leader in all stats for TEs. Tight Ends are under represented in the hall anyways.

Also has three rings. Which he won in 4 years

The Bus and Faulk speak for themselves meanwhile

And Primetime... obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Class being announced tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭spillit67

I'll be annoyed if Richard Dent misses out again.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ed Sabol has to get in. NFL Films has done a lot for the sport

My final selection is

Marshall Faulk
    Ed Sabol
    Deion Sanders
    Shannon Sharpe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Ed Sabol has to get in. NFL Films has done a lot for the sport

He's done a lot to make the NFL attractive to overseas fans. I know that I wouldn't have as much interest or knowledge of the game if it wasn't for the access that NFL Films gives fans and as a result Id love to see Sabol get elected but I dont see it happening.

Apart from him I've got to think that Faulk and Sanders are definitely getting in and I don't see how Shannon Sharpe didnt get in last year. He held ever TE recieving record when he retired and won three rings, he deserves to be in the Hall.

I said last year that Carter deserves to be in the hall but if he doesnt go soon he will find himself competing with players with bigger numbers, just like Andre Reed.

I think Charles Haley would be a great selection, two time All-Pro and five time Super Bowl champion-there was a reason that the Niners and Cowboys both thought he was a valuable piece to their teams.

Finally Willie Roaf should be in the hall-All Decade for 90's and 00's. He deserves to be in.

Faulk
    Sanders
    Haley
    Roaf
    Sharpe

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    My final selection is

Marshall Faulk
    Ed Sabol
    Deion Sanders
    Shannon Sharpe
    Surely Curtis Martin will get in too.

Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2011:
    Marshall Faulk
    Deion "Primetime" Sanders
    Richard Dent
    Shannon Sharpe
    Ed Sabol
    Chris Hanburger (senior)
    Les Richter (senior)

I'm serious here but who does cris carter have to bribe to get his well deserved place in canton ? I cant argue with the others but cris carter FFS was one of the best in his position of his generation.

Unfortunately the hall seems to be based on personal issues rather then the stats which can't speak so can't lie.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm serious here but who does cris carter have to bribe to get his well deserved place in canton ? I cant argue with the others but cris carter FFS was one of the best in his position of his generation.

Unfortunately the hall seems to be based on personal issues rather then the stats which can't speak so can't lie.

The real issue is that they don't elect enough a year so deserving players miss out and it leads to a backlog, where more deserving players miss out.... then you have a vicious circle right there

I mean, Dent and Sharpe deserve to get in on their achievements after a few snubs, but Martin, Carter and Bettis miss out. They'll get in another year and someone else misses out... and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The 4th all time in rushing yards doesn't make it, call me shocked. And this guy was a former Patriot who left us for the Jets so you can't call me biased as he is not one of my favourite people at all. Curtis Martin I'm talking about for those that don't know.

Advertisement