Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knee problem

Options
  • 13-01-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

hi all,

I have had a problem with my knee the last few months, just wondering if any of you would have any advice for me. The area is just around the inside of my right knee cap which gets really sore. I have found that anti inflamatorys work well to kill it particularly 2 difene will last for 24-36 hours or more. Having said that, it's not sewlling up. So i presume it's some kind of patellar tendon.

I wanted to do a few squats/weights during the off season but has been impossible due to this. I have tried a knee strap, have tried resting it. Am only doing light cardio turbo work to keep lungs ticking over. Any advice anyone? any good cycle sports doctors that would understand this sort of injury?

Regards,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Consult a doctor?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Billy.Fish has some snake oil going !

Seriously though see a Doctor or a Physiotherapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,019 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Google is my physio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

Try raising your saddle a little, and try to spin lower gears.....

Go see Your Doctor!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lumen wrote: »
    Google is my physio.

Crap for deep friction massage though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jay lad

I had a similar problem like that about a year ago,I'm from limerick myself but I travelled to neenagh for physio to a guy named peter walsh.I dont have his number but I'm sure if you ring 11811 they will have it.He's unreal at what he does and I never had a problem since..hope thats a help?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056113049
    4. Medical Advice

We appreciate the temptation to seek other peoples experiences for low level physical problems that present themselves. But no one here is in a position to physically assess and diagnose you. You risk greater harm than good. These threads will be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,019 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RobFowl wrote: »
    Crap for deep friction massage though ;)

"Safesearch off"

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No medical advice

Thread closed

Thanks

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement