Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmos

Options
  • 13-01-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

A mate in work turned me onto the TV series "Cosmos" that was broadcast in 1980 and consists of 12 or 13 one hour episodes. It was written by the astromomer\scientist\astrophysicist Carl Sagan.

It is a run through space\where we came from\where we are going\heaven & hell\alien life\etc and he explains it in layman's terms - simple & concise. If you have the DVD boxset, there is also a cool update that is given at the end of each episode 10 years on. This update gives additional information on the subjects seeing as technology has evolved but the foundations of what he goes through still stands to this day.

Great viewing!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

I heard of this show before. Has it ever be rerun on TV?
    I know if I buy the boxset it will probably stay on the good intentions shelf.

Advertisement