Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound engineering PC

Options
  • 13-01-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey Guy,

My Friend wants to some sound editing for a student movie and is interested in doing it regularly enough to invest in some hardware. He has turn to me to build him a PC but I normally only build Gaming PC's. What aspects should I concentrate on?

Thanks,
    Fenlig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

You wont need anything spectacular if its for audio only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

JG009 wrote: »
    You wont need anything spectacular if its for audio only.

+1

The most likely bottleneck is HD latency\throughput and thats not at all common, you'd need to be working 100+ tracks to touch on what.
    Slap a single 10K RPM drive in there to prep things up a bit if you want, but its not needed, just "nice". Otherwise the spec isnt going to mean a lot. Hold off on any soundcard decisions until you find out what he's using first, he may in fact not be using a PC soundcard in the traditional sense (M-Audio or whatnot) so there might be no point in putting anything fancy in by PC terms.

Advertisement