Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

British Sea Power

  • #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 Sergeant


    The wonderful British Sea Power have a new album out, Valhalla Dancehall. Not as instantly catchy as Do You Like Rock Music?, but after a few listens I think it's another great album from them.



Comments



  • Great band, have been turning into one of my favourite bands over the last couple of years.

    Missed out seeing them at the Brixton Academy in October because James Dean Bradfield got laringitis, meaning those shows got postponed.

    I was surprised that they didn't get any real publicity / recognition over here around the time of the Man of Aran soundtrack.




  • teekayd25 wrote: »
    I was surprised that they didn't get any real publicity / recognition over here around the time of the Man of Aran soundtrack.

    Magnificent. :)





  • They are brilliant.I love their music




  • I just bought Man Of Aran based on this thread...




  • Holy crap. I bought man of aran yesterday and listened while at work.

    First ten minutes I thought I'd made a huge mistake, i mean its not the best intro to a band to listen to their soundtrack to a 1930's documentary. But I've seen the film a few times so I could picture it and over the next hour I was just blown away. Stunned. An amazing piece of work. I must listen again...

    (Its an unfortunate name though...)


  • Advertisement


  • I must get the Man of Aran. I've all their albums bar this one.




  • InTheTrees wrote: »
    Holy crap. I bought man of aran yesterday and listened while at work.

    First ten minutes I thought I'd made a huge mistake, i mean its not the best intro to a band to listen to their soundtrack to a 1930's documentary. But I've seen the film a few times so I could picture it and over the next hour I was just blown away. Stunned. An amazing piece of work. I must listen again...

    (Its an unfortunate name though...)

    A username like InTheTrees bodes well anyway, as the group used to bring actual foliage on stage with them during their early years :D

    I must get the Man of Aran. I've all their albums bar this one.

    Was slow to actually pick up Man of Aran myself, was probably busy catching up on the first two or three albums





  • teekayd25 wrote: »
    A username like InTheTrees bodes well anyway, as the group used to bring actual foliage on stage with them during their early years :D

    :)

    Also... believe it or not my mum was in the brit navy...








  • Anyone going to the gig tonight? I can't wait.Been a few years since I last saw them, at Oxegen '08. Always a great gig with them!


  • Advertisement


  • Tiddlers wrote: »
    Always a great gig with them!

    And it was last night, cracking gig.




  • I thought it started off a bit subdued but,yeah,brilliant gig. Bought myself a British Tea Power mug too!




  • Hadn't checked for any new vids from them for a while . . .

    I don't know which smiley to include with this post so I'll take a bunch of them

    :D:pac::eek::confused::D:o:pac::cool::confused:


    (N.S.F.W.)

    Great track as well, up there with their best :cool:





  • New album stream here..just picked a ticket for a score for the upcoming academy gig..expecting great things!

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2013/mar/26/british-sea-power-machineries-of-joy





  • Bumped down to the academy 2 ..slow ticket sales no doubt..Not the best timing given Camden Crawl I guess.
    Post-gig:
    well that ranks amongst the best e20 I ever spent..They played for 90mins solid..Fantastic band.




  • teekayd25 wrote: »

    I was surprised that they didn't get any real publicity / recognition over here around the time of the Man of Aran soundtrack.

    Might have helped them if they had actually come over here and played it live at some point. As far as i know there was vague plans to play it out on one of the Islands but it never materialised. A Galway gig would be great. Surprising that they have not come over here and played it considering they have played a few gigs here supporting all their main albums to date.

    Good news is there back here next month playing Cork on the February 5th, Dublin on the 6th and Belfast on the 7th.

    Saw them over in England on October and they were in flying form. One of the best sets I've ever seen them play.


Advertisement