Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS essential?

Options
  • 13-01-2011 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have only decided to/started looking at courses in the UK tonight and have found out that the UCAS deadline is this saturday at midnight. I was wondering if UCAS is the only way to apply to a college? Or if there is more time to decide with different curcumstances i.e. I have just dropped out of college today and might need time to decide what I want to do or will I have to wait til next year?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

UCAS is the only way to apply. Are you thinking about going in as a transfer student mid-way through a course or just into Yr 1 of a new course?

You can apply after January 15th - that deadline is the date before which all applications will be given equal consideration. After Jan 15 your application may be considered by the university, it may not. It very much depends on how many applications they've had for the course you want as well as any internal rules they have about dates etc.

You could also apply much later in the year to go through clearing where they allocate places that either hadn't been offered before or where people had accepted them as 2nd choices but got the grades for their 1st choice.

Advertisement