Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help losing motivation. On the 2nd dec I stopped smoking. I had a great motivation th

Options
  • 12-01-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I had great motivation than after being in hospital for a week with angina, being on the patches since. If I dont stay off the cigs this time i am going to end up in serious trouble with my health. I am 40 and felt like a sick 70 year old when
    Smoking. My whole life has got better as a result of stopping smoking.
    But the last few days I am losing motivation and the addiction is
    Starting to play with my head and emotions,anybody out there that found it
    Harder after a while than at the start. Funny how pain has no memory.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dalan

I'd say there's plenty of people that have a harder time with the longer term mental struggle of stopping than with the first few days of physical withdrawal.
    I've had a huge amount of help and information from a site called whyquit.com - there's stuff there about what they call 'emotional recovery' that might apply. There's a lot of stuff about how after a while we only remember the good smokes we had - one of the tricks the mind plays to get us back on the evil fags, the addictively familiar chemical. Good luck with your quit!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Thanks Dalan, Still hanging in there. Read a few threads the last few nights,
    A great help, got me off my knees. A friend said to me that if you row in one Direction for 24 years dont expect to row back overnight. The fight goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Keep it going - you are doing great! it is the right decision for you.

Advertisement