Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stall at Farmer's Market?

Options
  • 12-01-2011 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am interested in setting up a stall at a local Farmer's Market (Dublin Area). I am a total novice to this and I am looking for any information and advice that you have. I am interested in setting up a food/bakery stall.

Do I need to buy my own stall (table and cover) or can this be rented onsite?
    What kind of licence do I need to obtain?
    How much approximately can I expect to pay to set up a stall? Do I need to pay rent for the stall?
    etc etc.

All information and advice welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Winnie you'I find some great links to farmers markets information on Bord Bia website and also the FSA (Food safety Authority). It basically tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about selling at a farmers market.

All markets differ on what they supply/or you require to trade. Best bet is to get in touch with your local farmers market organiser. I'm sure one of the traders there already can pass you on their details.

Buy yourself some thermals and a good jacket:D

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jimkekk

Winnie21 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am interested in setting up a stall at a local Farmer's Market (Dublin Area). I am a total novice to this and I am looking for any information and advice that you have. I am interested in setting up a food/bakery stall.

Do I need to buy my own stall (table and cover) or can this be rented onsite?
    What kind of licence do I need to obtain?
    How much approximately can I expect to pay to set up a stall? Do I need to pay rent for the stall?
    etc etc.

All information and advice welcome!

Thanks
    I hear that there is an indoor market in Dundrum looking for stalls its supposed to start in June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

theres one in donabate too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

If you want to travel an hour outside dublin the ner farmers market it Athboy on sundays is popular. I think its a tenner for a spot and another tenner to hire a cover

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

It can be hard to get in to some markets if your in competition with existing stalls especially if they are on the commitee so check out the market and make your stall stand out from the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jimkekk

fastrac wrote: »
    It can be hard to get in to some markets if your in competition with existing stalls especially if they are on the commitee so check out the market and make your stall stand out from the rest.

I know for a fact that the new indoor market project is looking for traders and they will accept traders on a first come come first served basis.

Advertisement