Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions about Music Production course

Options
  • 12-01-2011 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I've applied and have my interview set for March 14th.

Just wondering when any results are given about whether or not I will have a placement? Is it around the same time as results on the CAO?

Also, could anyone put my mind at rest. I'm applying to the CAO for Music Technology to courses like Maynooth, Limerick and then some Media courses around Dublin.
    Would I be right in saying that Ballyfermot would be a top choice? It would be looking like my number one choice at the minute. I like the option of trying to go onto the third year in Media Management to get a Level 8, but also being able to look at going to England after doing the two year course.

Big thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

hjm1293 wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that Ballyfermot would be a top choice? It would be looking like my number one choice at the minute. I like the option of trying to go onto the third year in Media Management to get a Level 8, but also being able to look at going to England after doing the two year course.

Big thanks.

Whether its your number top choice should be determined by yourself when you read the course descriptions. It sounds like you have done that research so well done, but keep at it.

It was my top choice and I just got into it, I mean just! Although I had some backups in place in the CAO I actually just missed out on them points wise as well. I was in limbo for a short while with no course anywhere until I was able to secure a place in the PMC (one year course). I was fortunate to then be offered a place in the two year a day or two after. I was helped so much during that time by all the staff involved. With that said I would not wish that situation on you or anyone else so make sure you have as many backups as you can and do your best to get points in the CAO to keep them open but things happen and you cant guarantee that. Still, stay focused on results across the board.

So, look into the one year PMC course as you can be eligible to progress into the two year with that. There are considerably more places on that course as far as I know. However even if you do the one year you are not guaranteed the place in the two year course. If you get the PMC and decide to do it kick as much ass as you can. You have to show your worth in the interview, through your portfolio and in past education at the end of the day.

The 2 year Music Production course is extremely competitive with 24 spots per year. Don't bank on just that course alone.

Thats my advice for ya and best of luck in the future.

Advertisement