Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betdaq and WBX exchanges

Options
  • 12-01-2011 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I'm familair with the pro and cons of betfair, does anyone have user experience of the other two exchanges? I note Betdaq allows multiples of up to 7 events which is handy as is the 2% comission rate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The liquidity on Betdaq is terrible :(.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

No good the liquidity is woefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I've literally just opened up an account with Betdaq and done my first ever lay which isn't going well at half time :D I was wondering whether to go Betfair or Betdaq and the 2.5% commission swung it for me. Also, do Betfair charge on deposits and withdrawals on top of commission?

I see what you mean about liquidity. With 48 minutes gone of Juve-Chievo game Betdaq have matched €95,903 while Betfair are just under two million. Bar the liquidity issues how would you find it. Liquidity won't be a problem as I won't be going mad eg fifty quid lays on 1.5 shots etc

I did try WBX but couldn't find a Euro currecny option. Do they only operate in GBP or am I thick?

2.5% commission is good but only if you can get your bets matched.
    Most of the times I've used it, I've never got all the stake matched or if it has been matched, it was only because it was higher/lower then Betfairs other side.

Open up both exchanges on something like a horse race - win part.
    Watch the liquidity difference between them both.
    Watch the prices remain on Betdaq as they go on Betfair.
    After the price has gone on Betfair, it will then go on Betdaq and even when it's higher/lower, it always takes a while for Betdaq to follow.
    On occassions when Betdaq do cheap commission periods, something goes pear-shaped on their site.
    Unless the market is a major one, forget Betdaq.
    After that it's up to you but there's a quite few that wouldn't be fans of Betdaq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers for the input Betdaq need to get their fingers out and get some business by the sound of it.

• Advertisement

They've only been going for about 10 years :eek:
    They made the big mistake of going for the "BIG" punter with a minimum stake of £500 but there would be no split so it had to be a single bet of that amount.
    Set up by Dermot Desmond it went after the BIG players like the JP Mc's, Oil Sheiks, large stake UK punters etc.
    Betfair picked up on the splits idea and that a single bet of £500 could be made up of hundreds of little stakes but the big person only got 1 "deal ticket" for the full amount.
    Also better if part of the bet was matched rather then all at the one time.
    So Betfair ended up with about 90% of the market, mind you shares are not doing that well, high of 1,600 but now around 900.

Advertisement