Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online, Offline, Logged in, Logged out? Gmail & Facebook

Options
  • 12-01-2011 5:34pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Over the past while I've become confused as to what my phone is doing in regards to when it is logged in and out of gmail and facebook.

Yesterday I was on facebook, purposely wanted to log out so as not to appear on chat for a few hours - but later when i looked at my phone, I had the little "F" icon at the top bar, and I had received a chat - when I thought I was logged out. Very annoying, as I did not want to be logged in at that time.

Also, a few times I have been at my computer on gmail, but I get a chat message that only shows on my phone, and not on my gmail. Weird! I'd prefer neither to have me logged in, I only want to show as online when I am logged in on my computer, or specifically want to appear as online on my phone, but log off when I exit.

I assume I'm missing something here, can anyone enlighten me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I always go offline from within the facebook and gtalk apps and ive never gotten a message from either.
    Or maybe nobody likes me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

For Talk app untick the "Automatically sign me in" in settings. Then Menu -> sign out. You wont show up online via phone anymore.

Not too sure for FB - never sign into chat on FB on phone or PC. And hence never recieve a chat from FB.

/T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

Try selecting 'appear offline' in facebook chat on your mobile, then only changing that from the comp. Back before my smartphone got too smart and managed to escape my clutches (if you love them, set them free, that's what I say), I hated the facebook chat situation. Very irritating indeed.

Advertisement