Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Flash

Options
  • 12-01-2011 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

Im making myself a new website. On the main page, im using TiltViewer for a little section to make it more accessable. For those that don't know, here it is in action on fullscreen.

http://simpleviewer.net/tiltviewer/app/

Which is all very nice but it uses Flash, which i know some browsers still have trouble with, especially those on the Android platform.

Anyone know of alternatives which are equally as visually appeasing but powered by something like Javascript? It's purely for compatibility reasons. All comments appreciated.

Cheers lads.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Have you had a look at JQuery stuff? Nothing as fancy as that but it can do some slick things.

That said, if I clicked into a photo gallery like that tiltviewer one, I'd click out straightaway as gimmicky stuff like that wrecks my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Dades wrote: »
    Have you had a look at JQuery stuff? Nothing as fancy as that but it can do some slick things.

That said, if I clicked into a photo gallery like that tiltviewer one, I'd click out straightaway as gimmicky stuff like that wrecks my head.

Ah ,well it doesn't take up the whole bloody screen :D Just a little window. Roughly 400x400 and its just a means of showing a portfolio quicker for the user. Nothing flashy or offensive.

Where can i find these jQuery widgets you speak of? any good links?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Wagon wrote: »
    Where can i find these jQuery widgets you speak of? any good links?
    Sorry - forgot about this thread.

Though http://jquery.com/ would be a good place to start. ;)

Advertisement