Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Quality CCTV and DVR DIY

Options
  • 12-01-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    Any good recomendations, for a HOME CCTV. 2/ Possibly 3 good quality cameras , linked to a DVR. Possibly a months data stored on it. I am planning to have it in an area in the attic. So low power consumption and quiet would would be great, and also easy enough to DIY.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

RF concepts will have what you need.
    Look out for a dvr that will do full D1 resolution. With 3 cameras you'd want 50 frames per sec but could get away with 25 @ D1. The dvrs I use do not have a fan but my supplier is trade only.
    With regard to the cameras look out for one with >540 tvl and a good chipset like the samsung W5, fast shutter speed in low light. Depending on light levels and where you are placing the cameras you will need to decide if you need IR and what type of lens you need
    I could ramble on all day but if you have any more questions just ask

Advertisement