Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing question

Options
  • 12-01-2011 5:01pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've a printer on a machine running XP and I can connect to it via my Mac. Is it possible to print pages in a particular way - i.e., handout format, for example or two blocks of text per page, etc? I know you can print to landscape or just select pages 1-3 if preferred, but apart from that I don't think there are many options. Is it down the printer or something in the software such as Office or Adobe Reader?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

That would be something in the print driver. Look for something called n-up. Ie N-2 would be 2 pages on one sheet. N-4 would be 4 per page etc...

Not sure about Macs apecifically but that's what that function is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭barryj

You'll probably be looking for a Layout menu item in the print dialog - from there, you can choose the number of pages per sheet.

- barry

Advertisement