Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinyl Sales Increase

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Vinyl just sounds 'better'. It emits frequencies that the body can feel but the ear can't hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

And because eventually with everyone downloading, musicians will have to get jobs instead to make a living and there'll be no more new music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

To me, releasing / promoting vinyl seems to be a higher priority for musicians / record companies these days.

Taking one band (Manic Street Preachers) as an example, any single they released between 1992 and 1994 got a vinyl release. From 1996 to 2006, they only released one vinyl single. Now, since 2007, they've started to issue all of their singles on vinyl again.

Record players seem to be more widely available now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I'm liking the "download coupon" you get with a lot of vinyl now, I think T&G records do it with all releases, If I'm at home vinyl is my preferred choice but it's great to have high quality digital-copies and artwork on my portable player/laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nolanger wrote: »
    It emits frequencies that the body can feel but the ear can't hear.
    :confused:

A CD contains frequencies the body can feel but not hear. Just like MP3, AAC and almost every other format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Vinyl simply sounds much better. I think it's become 'trendy' to own vinyl recently as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

vinyl is seeming to be making a comeback, i own several dozen vinyl records and listen to them on my fathers old record player, prob is not many stores have a big vinyl selection, just a few pieces here and there or non at all, would be great to see a better selection in shops,

personally i'd love to see something simalar a french market/festival in any county where for one or two days a year it was all vinyl,cds and recorders and players, band merchindise and maybe some instruments for sale in stalls, could b great way to find classic stuff and some great new music and bands, with maybe local bands and acts as well as some from other countys proforming on a live stage, like i said this is only an idea and i know it could be a complete disaster, so don't go stabbing holes in it and shooting the messenger without thinking bout it first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

RC88,

Is this the sort of thing you would like, Irish Record Fairs?

The next one is in March, I often go, I've picked up some great CDs and Records, good deals and some rarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

And because eventually with everyone downloading, musicians will have to get jobs instead to make a living and there'll be no more new music

a majority of musicians writing music already HAVE to have day jobs. Plus I bet more vinyl is being sold over the web than anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

smokedeels wrote: »
    RC88,

Is this the sort of thing you would like, Irish Record Fairs?

The next one is in March, I often go, I've picked up some great CDs and Records, good deals and some rarities.

close for comfort, icon14.gif
    cheers mate, i'll def give this a look

• Advertisement
Advertisement