Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google earth in Ireland

• 12-01-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Folks,

Don't know if I'm in the right forum or not....

Does anyone know when The resolution for Ireland in Google earth is going to improve??

all the best

joey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

It's not bad everywhere - but some sections such as Glendalough to PortLoaise is so fuzzy as to be useless. I had hoped the arrival of streetview would clear it up but no luck.

Might be worth reporting to google maps - i'm going to see if I can lodge an issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 joeyhehir

I've tried to contact google Ireland but no luck.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Parts of the country were just recently updated. 2 years Rathcoole was a blur but is now quite clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 joeyhehir

I can see Easter Island brilliantly but not Mullinahone....

Anyone know when google will have the irish map completed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

The issue with image quality on Google Earth is the quantity and source of high resolution aerial imagery for Ireland. Generally the Ordnance Survey fly the whole country at 1:40000 scale orthorectified imagery every 5 years which is then available for purchase. This data is bound by copyright and therefore cannot be posted on Google Earth etc. Any high resolution imagery that is available for Ireland is probably privately purchased aerial imagery for small schemes etc, probably from the likes of BKS etc.
    The only other available imagery is satellite imagery, hence the lack of resolution and the big cloud over Donegal.
    Unless Google themselves decide to have the country flown for high resolution imagery it's a waiting game as more pieces get added to the national jigsaw. There are rumours that Microsoft are/will be flying the country for high resolution imagery for Bing maps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement