Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topping Up Subjects

Options
  • 12-01-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello,

Does anybody know how to make a foreign language into a subject you can teach?

I am currently looking at a change in career and teaching is what I would really like to do. I have applied for the HDip in Education using my primary degree of a BA in English. I also speak Spanish however I have not done a degree in this subject. I am trying to find out if there is a qualification or certificate I can get that would make me eligible to teach Spanish (or use it in my HDip along with English) without doing a degree in it. I have been in contact with the Spanish language institute in Dublin, Instituto Cervantes, and they seem to think their (DELE) qualificaon would be sufficent but they are not certain.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Cheers,
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

In order to be recognised by the Teaching Council to teach a subject you need a degree in that subject.

Advertisement