Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 pad on PS3

Options
  • 12-01-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

I just so happened to notice this on deal extreme,

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42000

sku_42000_1.jpg

I literally dunno anything more about it bar that its meant to let you use a wired 360 pad on a ps3. Dunno what the story is with lag or anything but I know this could be of interest in terms of 360 pad users fighting against ps3 pad users in tournaments.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You can just buy a replica pad in Argos for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah? whats the name of the pad. Last time I looked at this (over a year ago) there was very few options regarding using a 360 style pad on a ps3.

Us fighting game players are very particular, so I imagine if the converter posted does not have any lag issues, I'd say the 360 pad players would much rather use their official 360 pads.

Still any and all options are good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But it probably does have lag.
    ;)
    360-to-PS3 converters haven't been great so far.

I'd be more interested in the Razer Onza:
    RZR_OnzaTE_FrntV_RGBBlkBG-1024x760.jpg

Microswitches for all face buttons and 2 bumpers (along with 1 trigger)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I'm a pad player myself, although I use a USB Sega Saturn pad on the PS3 and the MadCatz fightpad on 360. I find the stock pads for both consoles pretty bad for any fighting games that require more then 4 buttons, I can play stuff like Tekken and BlazBlue on a Dualshock just fine, but for the life of me I dont know how anyone could play any fighting game on a stock 360 controller.

To each their own though.

A few of our top guys are pad players but the issue comes up when they have to play against each other and one is a 360 pad player and the other is a ps3 pad player.

This wouldnt be an issue if playing on the pc but that doesnt happen and theres no ssf4 on pc.

So usually its the ps3 pad player that must take it on the chin and play with a ps2 pad to 360 adparter.

The ps2 pad while being very close , feels very strange to play with when your totally used to the ps3 pad but as there was no option for 360 pad players to play on the ps3 its all we could do.

@kiki

thats very interesting there, Razor making control pads? Their stuff tends to be very high quality. Still I think the 360 pad players would still rather the ability to use an actual 360 pad.

Good to know all options though as I said before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

That Razer Onza was announced at CES 2010 (last year) and still nothing about it! What are these "pad players" you're talking about? As far as I know on the competitive CoD scene everybody is eagerly waiting for this Razer controller seeing as you can change the tension in the anologs (increase accuracy :D).

I find that the problem with the PS3 controller is that it was designed for children with small hands. I try hold the thing but I just can't properly. Also the placement of the anolog sticks... Microsoft's design is much easier to use IMO.

Don't think what I just said has anything to do with the topic but oh well... It's late. :rolleyes: :D

LukeS_ wrote: »
    That Razer Onza was announced at CES 2010 (last year) and still nothing about it! What are these "pad players" you're talking about? As far as I know on the competitive CoD scene everybody is eagerly waiting for this Razer controller seeing as you can change the tension in the anologs (increase accuracy :D).

I find that the problem with the PS3 controller is that it was designed for children with small hands. I try hold the thing but I just can't properly. Also the placement of the anolog sticks... Microsoft's design is much easier to use IMO.
    Razer Onza is taking pre-orders now AFAIK, and should be out sometime later this year.

As for "pad players", we say that (disparagingly?) to differentiate them from "stick players".

Cobelcog has won 5 Inferno tournaments this year on standard 360 pad.

Hound won an Inferno on PS3 pad (running to a PS3-to-360 converter).

And Alioune (France) is possibly best player in Europe -- he plays on Saitek 360 pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sisko wrote: »
    So usually its the ps3 pad player that must take it on the chin and play with a ps2 pad to 360 adparter.

The ps2 pad while being very close , feels very strange to play with when your totally used to the ps3 pad but as there was no option for 360 pad players to play on the ps3 its all we could do

this hasn't been an issue for months, Hound uses an apparently lagless ps3 to 360 converter with no trouble

Oops! Sorry guys, I was just looking at new posts and seen this about a converter. Didn't know it was for fighting games! :o

• Advertisement

No problem.
    I like talking about hardware anyway.

Pity for all the CoD players -- MLG have decided to pre-emptively BAN this pad.

Official word: Because you can assign buttons to the extra 2 bumpers (note: no macros/turbo!), and "like some guy could totally hide his additional aftermarket turbo mods!!11!one".

Unofficial word: Madcatz have an MLG license...

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    this hasn't been an issue for months, Hound uses an apparently lagless ps3 to 360 converter with no trouble

And to think I was just about to correct kiki lol.

Wow I didn't know this at all, thats good news, I wouldn't have made this thread if I had known. I was under the impression he still had to use a ps2 pad when playing on 360.

Does that converter mean you can use ps3 sticks on the 360 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Unfortunately not, it will work on some sticks, but it won't work on MadCatz ones.

You'll still need to get a universal pcb to use a PS3 still on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

The converter I use is fine and has no lag on the old type xbox HOWEVER if you want a converter for the new type xboxes, like the premium xbox or whatever it is then their is a lot of lag on the converter is what I'v heard but otherwise fine on old type xbox. I'm not sure how that works out.

Different chipsets or something.

Advertisement