Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wordpress location on irishdomains

Options
  • 12-01-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Can anybody help me with info where can I find wordpress folder if I have it on the irishdomains server. I have acces to /webspace/httpdocs folder, can see and operate my website files but can't see anything for wordpress accounts (i have 2 wordpress blogs open on domain).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

not 100%, but I think it depends on where you installed it on your domain and what the folder location is called?

I did a test install a few months ago and I placed the wordpress folder on the root of my domain -> www.domain.ie/wp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

On irishdomains.ie there is automatic option for running wordppress blog.
    I know I can install it "manually" in certain folder but I used that automatic option (twice) and both blogs run quite well. Now I want to add some plugins and stacked with location for the files - can't find it!:confused:

I wonder if that's just a simple question or something complicated, not sure if I should ask Help Desk or it's too stupid question...

Lots of the app wizards provided by the hosting companies seem to install the apps in locations outside the normal httpdocs, for a number of different reasons. You're possibly better off uploading the wordpress files, creating the database and running the install yourself. It takes a bit longer, but you have much more control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Lots of the app wizards provided by the hosting companies seem to install the apps in locations outside the normal httpdocs, for a number of different reasons.

I suspect there might be some reasons for that. Do you think it's out of user access??
    You're possibly better off uploading the wordpress files, creating the database and running the install yourself. It takes a bit longer, but you have much more control.

I did it once with bunch of unziped files for wp installation it take half hour of uploading. Maybe I will try it again...

I think wordpress is about 9Mb at the moment? I can usually upload it in about 5 minutes. Some hosting providers have a file manager that will let you upload the zip and unzip it on the server. If you have shell access you can do it easily. Most shared hosting packages force you to unzip locally and upload every file :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Contact IrishDomains support team and read the charter and stickies regarding discussion of hosting providers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement