Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Akumakon - Galway - 21st-23rd January

Options
  • 12-01-2011 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

The latest in the new wave of Irish anime conventions, this time from the virgin territories of Galway.
    http://www.akumakon.com/
    As with most conventions, there'll be a gaming section with a few tournaments. Despite attempts to convince them otherwise, SSFIV will not be on show this year, but BBCS will.

Details on the con are pretty scarce despite doors opening in a little over a week, so a timetable of events has yet to be posted. The rules for BB however are as follows:
    Blazeblue
    -Best out of three matches.
    -No custom controlers. (Sticks are allowed though, just no macros and whatnot.)
    -If you pause or interrupt a match it will be treated as a forfeit.
    -None of the characters are banned, I've been told Nu is not considered broken anymore.

I try to make an appearence at all the cons I can manage around the country, but I dont have high hopes for this event. Its organisation is just too sloppy.
    I'll be down for at least one day as I'm trying to organise a wee Pokémon Ranger 3 multiplayer session (Gotta Catch 'Em All dontchaknow), but as soon as that's done I'll probably be getting the **** out of dodge BB or no BB :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah I was considering this one too, but I'm basically trying to physically beat a concrete timetable out of them on their forums, and not having any luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

OMG I'LL BE THERE!

Not playing any fighting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Was gonna go but transport and places to stay cost is just too high so we passed on it.

So we're gonna wait until there's one in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'd be tempted to...but I have no desire to play a tournament on pad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

lulz no custom controllers. :pac:

Even before I started using stick you couldn't have paid me to use an unmodified 360 pad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yet another embarrassing effort from the convention scene (despite again apparently having contact with FG scene people who tried to convinced them to run their tournaments sensibly).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As long as you have stock parts in your stick, it's not a custom controller...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

By "custom" they most likely mean ones with programmable macros or turbo enabled. Has anyone even thought to ask them to clarify on it rather than just making in assumption on what they meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I'll be there for the weekend, going to hopefully play in this. :/
    They finally got their timetable and rules up earlier today, looks alright so far. I dont know if they're actually gonna have DLC characters or not, they say they want to, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Vyze wrote: »
    By "custom" they most likely mean ones with programmable macros or turbo enabled. Has anyone even thought to ask them to clarify on it rather than just making in assumption on what they meant?

Actually, Prinny did ask and I mistakenly thought they ignored his question. Arcade sticks are indeed allowed, so my bad for that!
    I think we'll be doing it the same way as Eirtakon, which is that the contestants will have two minutes before the match to set up their controllers with the Xbox and configure buttons. If they can't complete it in that time limit, they'll have to go with the default set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Oh, and it's on xbox. I'm leaving my stick in with kiki this weekend (hopefully) to get the PCBing seen to, but I probably won't have it back till next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Sweeeet.

Q-Con
    Nom-Con
    Eirtakon
    Akumacon

I'm gonna do a doctor doom & hopefully pwn everyone at another anime convention lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Could be taking this chance to look gdlk in front of the convention goers >.<

Roll on eirtakon 2011!

Advertisement