Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTubers

Options
  • 12-01-2011 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

What is everyones opinion of YouTubers? You know those people who post videos on their opinions of everything?

Does Ireland have any prominent YouTubers?

Are they funny/entertaining, or are they badly exploiting a social media to put themselves out into the public?

Let the generalisations commence!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

proper gobsh!tes the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I would have said gimps but I believe they get money for it and its an easy way to make money no mather how annoying it its!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

boxy ftw!

at least she's very cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Saila wrote: »
    boxy ftw!

at least she's very cute

She's dead of course.

Trampled in a terrible circus accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I would have said gimps but I believe they get money for it and its an easy way to make money no mather how annoying it its!

Who pays them??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Advertising on their vids

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Who pays them??

The internet pays them -but really I heard they get money for views recieved or something but not too sure. Also some go and get tv shows in America and do Adverts, sure Justin Beifer started singing on Youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Even the "word" vblog boils my piss.

Look at this specimen of humanity:

People subscribe to and watch this shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Numb.Muzik

threesixty5 is a main irish one , he now works for RTE pure t**t , youtube pays them for allowing them to play ads on there videos. some make huge money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Use it often, mainly for music. But some of the comments people leave on some videos are shocking to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I hate the fcukers who manage to drag Justin Bieber into every single comment under the videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

Some of the main YouTubers get payed for their content I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Numb.Muzik wrote: »
    youtube pays them for allowing them to play ads on there videos. some make huge money

and there was me thinking they were just moronic gobshytes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Shouldn't he be talking about girlfriend? It's not like he's gay or anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

some are good some are bad...just like telly.

I stick to science guys like tdarnell and sixysymbols, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I liked this:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FlippyCat

until the cat died... rip flippy!!

There's even conan:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/iarecutekitteh?blend=2&ob=1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been known to upload the odd video. Must be nearly 18 months since my last one though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

jd007 wrote: »
    I hate the fcukers who manage to drag Justin Bieber into every single comment under the videos.
    +1,000,000. Before it was Justin Bieber, it was the Jonas brothers. For hip hop videos they substitute Justin Bieber for Soulja Boy or Lil Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I taught i was the only person that noticed justin comments under every video on youtube :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

+1,000,000. Before it was Justin Bieber, it was the Jonas brothers. For hip hop videos they substitute Justin Bieber for Soulja Boy or Lil Wayne.

It's purely a case of haters gonna hate.

Sick of seeing crap like this.
    LISTEN UP Y'ALL

On September 20th all of Tupacs and old school fans are going to watch 2pacs Hit em up video on youtube which currently has 39 million views.

Justin( ******) biebers baby has 300+million views which is a disrespectful thing to the real rappers like biggie nas and tupac! So everyone get together, click on hit em up, refresh your page 5 times to give it 5 more views. Lets beat this bieber disease

(((COPY & PASTE))))

LETS GEt THIS **** NOTICED

THUMBS UPP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Can't stand the fùckers and my jaw litteraly dropped to the floor when I found out that this cùnt called Fred got his own movie:

My.Fùckin'.God.

Then there's this other git called Shane who's ALWAYS featured on the main page. This guy has about 3 channels which are just uploading pointless, litteraly pointless videos from his iPhone about his day and he hoovers up the money because he's a YouTube partner.

I don't know what's worse, those corny vbloggers (hate saying the word) or gobshìtes who watch in the millions.

Anyways, the only thing I've ever followed has been AVGN and an English nutter called GamingMill who reviewed games....badly.......and just recently randomly took his videos down and faked his death :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Some are good (some) the rest are stupid attention seeking loners who have absolutely no life outside the interwebs (much like 90% of boards.ie including myself). Although you could become a youtube partner and earn some cash but I'm not sure if it's a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

A lot of those YouTubers that are always on the homepage are on 6 figure salaries.

I have one video with 80,000 hits and I only started putting ads on it at around the 60,00 mark. I've made about €70 euro on it so far.

So, €70 for 20,000 hits :/

But the cost per ad click depends on the amount of up votes, favorites and comments you have on the video. My video doesn't have that many favorites or upvotes compared to those popular YouTube partners, so I imagine they would earn a lot more per 20,000 hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

some of smoshs vids are hilarious, but they are a comedy act

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

nuxxx wrote: »
    some of smoshs vids are hilarious, but they are a comedy act

The exact YouTube sh!te I avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

1st it was thumbnails with tits, now its bright green or blue backgrounds with images of whoever vbloggers stupid face photoshopped over.

A lot of those YouTubers that are always on the homepage are on 6 figure salaries.

I have one video with 80,000 hits and I only started putting ads on it at around the 60,00 mark. I've made about €70 euro on it so far.

So, €70 for 20,000 hits :/

But the cost per ad click depends on the amount of up votes, favorites and comments you have on the video. My video doesn't have that many favorites or upvotes compared to those popular YouTube partners, so I imagine they would earn a lot more per 20,000 hits.

Jaysus didnt think they got that much money at all. I've videos with over 200,000 views and youtube sends me automatic messages from time to time asking if I wanna make money from them. While I've edited them I don't own some of the music or video footage used in them so I can't make money off them.

Still I always pictured it being like 1 cent per person who click on the ads themselves and since I can't even picture anyone falling for a youtube ad I assumed your video would have to have millions of hits to make anything.

Youtube is getting worse and worse lately though with all the ads.

To answer the OP though yes these vbloggers make me cringe and generally annoy the crap out of me. I imagine a lot of the viewers of said videos are young chidlren though.

vbloggers a side though I do enjoy flash animations and theres this Irish guy from wexford whos animations seem to be getting very very popular (he also seems to go out of his way to hide he's irish and put on fake american accents instead)

Wouldnt have thought he'd be making much money from them if any until I read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

One thing I can't get over on youtube is the insane level of racism in the comments. Particularly if you watch a video of boxing or UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Youtube is full of Americans, you get used to it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Can't stand the fùckers and my jaw litteraly dropped to the floor when I found out that this cùnt called Fred got his own movie:

I took my niece to see that on Sunday. Dear got that guy is the most annoying cnut to ever get recognition for being a cnut. On top of that the film is terrible for kids, they laugh at his high pitch, hyper antics but in the end the film is about a camp, in the closet, mentally disabled kid who's priorities are to obsess over a girl who's a cnut and in the end lie to make himself popular and get with the cnut.

Saying that, Pixie Lott was in the fim and she'd give a dog a bone, so it wasn't all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Lads, if ye dont like the videos, dont watch them?? (OMG its soo simple)
    There are some quality videos on it though, but you really do need to filter through the crap.

Advertisement