Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen

Options
  • 12-01-2011 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

stolen out of a locked shed in my garden on 4th january
    lakeland x fell terrier female 18mths "lucy", could you all please keep your eyes open for her as i really want her back, im in the process of contacting dog pounds in the region but as i cant be everywhere at once i need your help
    if you see lucy please contact me on 0862115564
    thanks gem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Sorry to hear about your dog. I do hope that you get her back that that those who took her will get caught and pay the price.

Where abouts what she taken from ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭carraghsgem

co.roscommon, i know who took her but they either have her hidden away at a mates house or have sold her on already

she could literally turn up anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

co.roscommon, i know who took her but they either have her hidden away at a mates house or have sold her on already

she could literally turn up anywhere

have you not been to the guards about her. hope TG you find her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

so sorry to hear that, I'm in galway but will keep my eyes peeled.
    beautiful little dog, hope you catch the b@st@rds that stole her soon:mad:

God, they stole her from a locked shed? That's scary, hope she is being treated well, go to the guards and report it anyway, if I see/hear anything I'll let you know. I'll keep an eye on donedeal and buyandsell, check you local papers classifieds as well.

Good luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Gosh im so sorry, beautiful dog. Contact Garda and put up posters and get friends around the country to do same. She is a unique enough looking dog, hope she is being well treated and will soon be reunited with you. Will defo keep an eye out in the Dublin area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

Sorry to hear that! Some people are just so cruel they deserve to be locked up!

Just a quick question, is she micro-chipped? I know she was stolen but if she managed to escape someone could of picked her up and brought her to a vets/ispca.

Hope she turns up save soon!

have you not been to the guards about her. hope TG you find her

guards were informed the next day, nothing they can do unless i have evidence, its my word against theirs, only evidence anything happened is the kicked in door!
    ive contacted a few dog wardens so far, i'll contact the rest tomorrow
    she is also on doglost, ispca website, donedeal, gumtree including belfast and cork and various rescue websites and hunting websites
    she isnt microchipped to my knowledge as i only got her 7mths ago as a failed working dog. im not going to stop until i find her and get her back.
    as for the lads who took her; i have a few ideas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Could you offer a "reward, no questions asked" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

The guards really are useless pr!cks, aren't they? (I have had similar experiences with them, so yes, my statement is founded). They expect us to supply them with all the evidence. Do they not do investigations to obtain evidence?

The way I see it, there was criminal damage done to your property, something was stolen, and they should investigate. If you have suspicions, you should tell the guards about those suspicions.

I find it disturbing that you have ideas of who did it though. If a similar situation happened to me, I would have no idea who to expect. I would assume that it was someone "passing through".

Good luck, I hope you get your dog back.

tmcw wrote: »
    The guards really are useless pr!cks, aren't they? (I have had similar experiences with them, so yes, my statement is founded). They expect us to supply them with all the evidence. Do they not do investigations to obtain evidence?

The way I see it, there was criminal damage done to your property, something was stolen, and they should investigate. If you have suspicions, you should tell the guards about those suspicions.

I find it disturbing that you have ideas of who did it though. If a similar situation happened to me, I would have no idea who to expect. I would assume that it was someone "passing through".

Good luck, I hope you get your dog back.

he stole a different terrier bitch (jess) mid november last year after i refused to sell her to them, and i retreived her back from their property substancially worse for wear and with bad facial injurys a few days after xmas, i was out and i had jess with me along with riggs my stud dog and my watchdog/trainee sheepdog (sky) when they broke into the shed and took lucy, ive a few dogs and cant bring them all with me all of the time :(

the reward no questions asked idea wouldnt work because if the cheeky bastard who took her comes near me or my property again i dont think i could stop myself from putting him in intensive care....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

I'd burn their house to the axle.

(Yes Im assuming its a traveller)

Sorry to hear about this gem, shocking what some people will do. Its paramount to kidnapping far as Im concerned.

**Vai** wrote: »
    I'd burn their house to the axle.

(Yes Im assuming its a traveller)

Sorry to hear about this gem, shocking what some people will do. Its paramount to kidnapping far as Im concerned.

he is a settled traveller... didnt want to mention it earlier as the whole subject of travellers and dog-theft combined detracts peoples attention from helping keep a look out for lucy!

as for burning down caravans.... id love to, i really would but id be too afraid there would be kids inside and that i could never do! much rather report
    their father for working while on the dole ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

the reward no questions asked idea wouldnt work because if the cheeky bastard who took her comes near me or my property again i dont think i could stop myself from putting him in intensive care....
    Well I've seen on a few occasions people getting their beloved pet back by visiting local people they thought may be involved and asking them to keep an eye out and if they happen to come across the dog there would be a reward and thanks very much sort of thing.

If he thinks that he'd get more by returning the dog, he'd be less likely to sell it on. So if you can restrain yourself enough for the sake of your dog, it might be one way of getting it back.

How did you get the dog back the last time? What happened afterwards?

he relaxed his guard after keeping jess hidden for 6wks and put her in his own garden, i jumped the 6ft fence picked her up (there was a red + white staffy there as well, if anyones had 1 stolen let me know) and gently lowered her onto the ground the other side, called her back to me and she followed me to the car and jumped in.

he came back to my house about a week and a half later to steal her a second time, clearly couldnt find her and kicked in the door of the shed (lucy must have been yapping) and took her instead.

im just gonna have to increase security and install cameras, my collie "sky" kicks up enough of a fuss if anyone comes around the house as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

he relaxed his guard after keeping jess hidden for 6wks and put her in his own garden, i jumped the 6ft fence picked her up (there was a red + white staffy there as well, if anyones had 1 stolen let me know) and gently lowered her onto the ground the other side, called her back to me and she followed me to the car and jumped in.

he came back to my house about a week and a half later to steal her a second time, clearly couldnt find her and kicked in the door of the shed (lucy must have been yapping) and took her instead.

im just gonna have to increase security and install cameras, my collie "sky" kicks up enough of a fuss if anyone comes around the house as well.

THe other thing you could do, is get all the dogs neutered/spayed, then he would have no use for them, and make sure its known they're done. You could also leave the dogs in your house when you go out, instead of locking them in a shed.

ISDW wrote: »
    THe other thing you could do, is get all the dogs neutered/spayed, then he would have no use for them, and make sure its known they're done. You could also leave the dogs in your house when you go out, instead of locking them in a shed.

not an option in my fell terriers, i spent a lot of time and a lot of money searching for the right ones and jess is from a bloodline that is near impossible to get, imported from the uk, riggs is pick of the litter from a highly sought after northern bloodline, and his litter brothers are now highly sought after stud dogs. they are the only dogs of this bloodline in the west of ireland.

my collie bitch is the last of my own bloodline and is the result of years of carefully breeding my own strain, after she has successfully finished her training and in a few years i may need a replacement so im leaving her intact especially considering that her mother died at the age of 4yrs in her prime after a vet ****ed up her spaying.

my 9yr old terrier bitch is neutered and my husbands chocolate lab pup will be neutered when she is old enough

lucy was due to be neutered just before she was stolen

stolen out of a locked shed in my garden on 4th january
    lakeland x fell terrier female 18mths "lucy", could you all please keep your eyes open for her as i really want her back, im in the process of contacting dog pounds in the region but as i cant be everywhere at once i need your help
    if you see lucy please contact me on 0862115564
    thanks gem.

BUMP

BUMP
    bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Please be careful with your personal details.

I really hope you get your dog back safe and sound.

Advertisement