Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on "novelty" song

Options
  • 12-01-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Folks,

If wrong forum, please move.

Have being working on the most annoying "novelty" xmas song.:cool:

Would not have any special interest in actually releasing it as a single next xmas but, as I see where the spondoolicks are, is in radio etc playlisting.

Question is: what is the best way to get this off the ground?

Assume that I have a recording of it, for arguments sake, do I:
    first copyright it via registered post;
    register with IMRO for royalties;
    lash it out to radio stations during November;
    try get it utubed or something coming up to that time?

On the assumption that this venture actually took off, outside chance but just assume, and was played internationally, does anybody know where I would stand in relation to those station royalty payments?

This is purely a money making venture, with all artistic integrity left at the door, and trust me, I will find a psudenum to release it under, but you'll never know unless you try. (My new Motto for 2011)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 thumbscrew

Hi...I believe the best chance of promoting this is via YouTube...this is one of the best ways to make it viral.

Step 1: Record
    Step 2: Send it to yourself by registered post (don't open!)
    Step 3: Contact IMRO and fill out a song registration form
    Step 4: Find an animator/film-maker & create a cheese-tastic music video
    Step 5: Set-up a YouTube channel & upload your cheese
    Step 6: Share it with as many people as possible
    Step 7: Contact radio stations (including online)
    Step 8: Contact bloggers and request them to review

As for the money-making side of it, don't expect to make much! Music is not the commodity it used to be. Best you can hope for is people buying it on iTunes, a few royalties from radio stations and payments by YouTube if you get a certain amount of views and subscribers to your channel.

Also, you may want to have a few more novelty songs up your sleeve to keep subscribers interested.

The other option is to contact Jedward's management... :)

Advertisement