Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me

Options
  • 12-01-2011 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

K, so Brit's first real new first single in years went on sale on Irish itunes today, currently at number1, aswell as in 18 other countries across the globe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UavBjBDqJGA

what do y'all think?

has she still got it, or is she past her best before.....?

It's a good tune, no doubt, and it seems less auto-tuned than her previous work, I dunno?

thoughts?

also, I amn't sure if this is the best place to make this thread, feel free to move. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I love it. The breakdown is amazing, can't wait to see the choreography for that bit. I reckon she'll attempt singing this live at either the Brits or Grammies. :D

It's doing insanely well in the charts after 2 days. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Deadly polyrhythmic double bass throughout the song, really enjoying the heavy 8-string, and the death growl during the breakdown riffage was brutal! Banging choon, lad!

What?? Oh! Shît, sorry... Wrong meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Hold it against her? I wouldn't put it anywhere near her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

'course you would

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Nailz wrote: »
    Deadly polyrhythmic double bass throughout the song, really enjoying the heavy 8-string, and the death growl during the breakdown riffage was brutal! Banging choon, lad!

What?? Oh! Shît, sorry... Wrong meeting.

Without listening to the song, for a sec there I thought Britney had gone all Grindcore on us! :pac:

Scien wrote: »
    You could easily mistake that for a Diplo or Rusko track from 2:17 - 2.30. :eek:
    Britney & dubstep. I never saw that coming.

There might be more coming as she did a few songs with Rusko for the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Overall not a bad song. Will be a big hit in the clubs I'm sure. I'm liking the ravey/dubstep elements.
    It's set to debut at No. 1 in the US next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

blow69, rather than needlessly quoting spam posts, please use the Report Post function report.gif so that the forum moderators are alerted and the thread can be cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    what do y'all think?

Got what ??
    She didnt write the song ,Dr Luke and Max Martin did .
    Britney is just a puppet on a string,she is only as good as her song writers who wrote most of her new album.
    Dr Luke and Martin are talented guys and she begged them to write her new album or "produce" it as she would say .:rolleyes:
    It will be a big success no doubt

• Advertisement

Got what ??
    She didnt write the song ,Dr Luke and Max Martin did .
    Britney is just a puppet on a string,she is only as good as her song writers who wrote most of her new album.
    Dr Luke and Martin are talented guys and she begged them to write her new album or "produce" it as she would say .:rolleyes:
    It will be a big success no doubt

I doubt she did any begging. They're not writing the full album, they're exec. producers on it. They will be contributing 2/3 tracks but the rest of the songs will be written by the other people who submitted songs such as Robyn, Rusko, Jessie J etc. The songs Britney writes are ballads and it's hard to make a chart topping pop album with ballads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Fashionized

Britney totally still has it!
    Great song!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Apparently she got it form this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAVUrq7jvtM

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭32_4_1

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    K, so Brit's first real new first single in years went on sale on Irish itunes today, currently at number1, aswell as in 18 other countries across the globe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UavBjBDqJGA

what do y'all think?

It's a good tune, no doubt, and it seems less auto-tuned than her previous work, I dunno?

thoughts?

also, I amn't sure if this is the best place to make this thread, feel free to move. :)

how do you lose it when you never had it? she's not a real musician

32_4_1 wrote: »
    how do you lose it when you never had it? she's not a real musician

Lost that spark that most popstars have that sets them apart from all the others. Stage presence, vocal delivery on albums etc. Britney has/had it.

In my opinion, Britney has lost it. There's no spark anymore, her dancing is pretty half-assed most of the times these days. It feels like she'd rather be somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Scien wrote: »
    You could easily mistake that for a Diplo or Rusko track from 2:17 - 2.30. :eek:
    Britney & dubstep. I never saw that coming.

Britney has done Dubstep back in '07 on Blackout with the song Freakshow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wvJqGqhWCQ

Advertisement