Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frederick Forsyth books

Options
  • 12-01-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just wondering what people's favourite books are by Frederick Forsyth, and what their thoughts are on the books. I personally like his writing style and great detail. I've read a good few of his books and plan to read them all. And does anyone have suggestions as to other authors that are similar to Forsyth in their style?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

The only book of his that I have read is The Dgos of War and I loved it. It's not the genre I might usually read but would definitely be willing to read more if I could get good suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 14 allonboard

I haven't read that one but I would recommend The Day of the Jackal, Avenger, The Afghan and The Cobra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Forsyth books that I read were....The day of the Jackal,The Dogs of War,The fourth Protocol and The Odessa File.(seen the films as well).
    Found him good at the time,but my tastes have changed and now I have other authors from that genre that I prefer to read.

So many books to read.....so little time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Used to be a big fan, Dogs of War, Day of the Jackal and the Odessa File are his best imo. He has a great short stories book called No Comebacks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

The Day of the Jackal is fantastic. Great story and attention to detail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement