Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay-Z vs Nas vs 2pac vs Biggie

Options
  • 11-01-2011 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Whos the superior mc. Personally I'd go with nas.

Jay-Z vs Nas vs 2pac vs Biggie 46 votes

Jay-Z
    0% 0 votes
    Nas
    21% 10 votes
    2pac
    43% 20 votes
    Biggie
    34% 16 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nas. Biggie couldn't come close to the stuff he comes out with. I'd have it in this order
    Nas
    Pac
    Jay z
    Biggie
    As much as I like listening to Biggie I'm not biased,his lyrics aren't as good as the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

greetings wrote: »
    Nas. Biggie couldn't come close to the stuff he comes out with. I'd have it in this order
    Nas
    Pac
    Jay z
    Biggie
    As much as I like listening to Biggie I'm not biased,his lyrics aren't as good as the others.

come on biggie was the king of punchlines. you think pac and jay z are more lryical than biggie, you cant be serious.

i wouldnt have jay z or pac down as lryical mc's. why are they mentioned as superior mc's?

where's big L and rakim they would rap circles round all of the above aswell as eminem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

2Pac without a doubt. Biggie, Jayz or Nas never had the same appeal to me, to be honest I found them boring (especially Jay-Z who I cannot ****ing stand). Never got the hype about Biggie and thought Nas' Illmatic was a great album but it never got the same amount of time in my cd player as any of Pacs albums. Didn't find anything of interest in his subsequent albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

One of these days I'm going to bump 30 of these topics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

One of these days I'm going to bump 30 of these topics.

Shut up man, you contribute nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Superior MC? Nas.
    Superior Artist? 2Pac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

come on biggie was the king of punchlines. you think pac and jay z are more lryical than biggie, you cant be serious.

i wouldnt have jay z or pac down as lryical mc's. why are they mentioned as superior mc's?

where's big L and rakim they would rap circles round all of the above aswell as eminem.

Quite serious. I don't like listening to Jay Z though. In terms of enjoying listening to,I'd have biggie then nas/pac and jay last.
    Mobb Deep on the infamous were quite spectacular though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

greetings wrote: »
    Quite serious. I don't like listening to Jay Z though. In terms of enjoying listening to,I'd have biggie then nas/pac and jay last.
    Mobb Deep on the infamous were quite spectacular though.

thats grand your entitled to your opinion, but i think hands down that biggie is clearly a better mc than all of the above.

pac had the passion and heart in his songs, biggie had the lryics and the flow.

cant belive how underated biggie is on this site honestly:eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

Biggie is the greatest MC of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

Got to back up 2pac on this one don't really like Biggie's style....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's Nas or Jay.
    I pick Nas.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

imo ,
    Nas (Genius and so consistent , 1 poor album out of ......god knows how many)
    Biggie (ultimatel MC , but 2nd album was poor..............how far this guy could have went is anyone's guess)
    Jay (very good , but none of his albums come close to Reasonable doubt)
    Pac 2 (was a genius but could have been 10 times better had he not met up with Suge knight), Pac had the skills and execution , but knight pedalled the hatred Pac had for everyone else)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I would have cast a vote but I couldn't see the names of Rakim or The Guru :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Would be odd to see their names when people are talking about Jay-Z, Nas, 2pac and Biggie 2 years ago I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Jay for pure spit factor/cool motha****a/baller factor... never in a hurry never sticks to structure just spits it a bit more real than most mcs

Biggie for pure style of flow and humor... voice alone makes his lines sound so funky... could slow down flow and make one word pop with the beat... creative flow

nas for stories/Lyrics and prolific-ness but I still put nas as non-mainstream underground no matter what people say

pac for aggressive rappin/religiously follows the rhythm.. always with the beat always gets your head noddin... pretty much rap'd at the same rhythm n flow for every song... which is grand when its that good (Biggie changed it up a bit more - more creative IMO ooooh)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Eminem

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

After 64 votes the poll and thread are now closed. Conclusive findings with31.25% of the vote (20 votes) show that Nas is the superior MC.

Spread the word that the hip hop forum on boards.ie has finally solved this long standing debate of how is the greatest of the 4.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement