Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech cs 250 help!!

Options
  • 11-01-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

hey i need to change the partarm on my alarm so it excludes another zone (dog in the house) it doesnt say anything in the user manual does anybody out there know what to do its doing my head in!!
    :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

You would need the engineer code to do this. If you dont have the engineer code you could always inhibit the zones you want off.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Admldj

i have the code

If you go into the zone menu, go into the zone you want to exclude from part set. Scroll till you see exclude in part set and press ok. This will exclude it in part set for you

thanks, ill do that tomorrow and let you know how i get on

worked a treat thanks a million:)

• Advertisement

Admldj wrote: »
    worked a treat thanks a million:)

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

Figured I post here again rather than start a new thread, i'm having some trouble with the battery in my alarm, the original battery lasted about 5 years ,the next lasted 2 years and the current battery is in since November ,this morning I have the battery vt fault showing and flashing power light, just wondering is this normal for these alarms?

Figured I post here again rather than start a new thread, i'm having some trouble with the battery in my alarm, the original battery lasted about 5 years ,the next lasted 2 years and the current battery is in since November ,this morning I have the battery vt fault showing and flashing power light, just wondering is this normal for these alarms?

5-6 years would be the norm for the back up battery in most systems. If the mains power was off then the system battery could drop below the required voltage and give this warning also. To clear it you need to put in your code and low battery comes up, then it no to clear the fault. It will only work if the battery is at the required voltage.

If you have a meter you could check the voltage on the leads with the battery disconnected. Some people have reported a known issue with the charging of the back up battery. There is also a pot on the main PCB which can be used to increase the voltage if its below 13.7V.

altor wrote: »
    5-6 years would be the norm for the back up battery in most systems. If the mains power was off then the system battery could drop below the required voltage and give this warning also. To clear it you need to put in your code and low battery comes up, then it no to clear the fault. It will only work if the battery is at the required voltage.

If you have a meter you could check the voltage on the leads with the battery disconnected. Some people have reported a known issue with the charging of the back up battery. There is also a pot on the main PCB which can be used to increase the voltage if its below 13.7V.

Thanks for getting back to me, when I put in my code and check system faults it says "battery vt fault" not sure what the vt stands for, I dont have a meter but might pick one up tomorrow and check it out, dont mind changing the battery but the time between changes is getting shorter so must be something wrong.

Thanks for getting back to me, when I put in my code and check system faults it says "battery vt fault" not sure what the vt stands for, I dont have a meter but might pick one up tomorrow and check it out, dont mind changing the battery but the time between changes is getting shorter so must be something wrong.

You should be getting 5-6 years out of the back up battery on this system.
    There is a known issue with the charging of the battery on these panels so it could be the case for you or it could be the battery itself that is causing the issue. Only way of knowing for sure is to check with a meter. The vt stands for a voltage fault on the battery. If it drops below a certain voltage the fault is indicated.

Here is a link to the user manual off the system, there is also useful information Re faults that can appear on the system.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the board now ,what exactly is it that I can turn clockwise to increase the power? I cant see anything i've attached a pic

Here is the pot.

altor wrote: »
    Here is the pot.

Just turned it there got about half a turn on it ,unfortunately no change have to get a meter and check it out, thanks for your help.

Just turned it there got about half a turn on it ,unfortunately no change have to get a meter and check it out, thanks for your help.

You will need to put the meter on before doing this as you don't know if that is the problem or not. Disconnect the battery till you get a meter to test correctly.

Advertisement