Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC v SKY+

Options
  • 11-01-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

UPC have upgraded to fibre optics in our area and are offering deals that are far below the Sky+ (not HD) package that includes multiroom and HD as standard. Has anyone had experience of the quality of picture etc.

Previously UPC, or Chorus NTL as it was then known, were notorious for breakdowns and poor customer service. Has anything changed?

I'm new to this forum and I find it is brilliant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

UPC have done a lot to turn around the bad customer service, and although I haven't got the HD package, the TV stuff is acceptable enough- they've been incredibly reliable for me for the last 2 years- before then I used to have brief weekly outages and the customer service wasn't so hot. If you like the package then their broadband is pretty much second-to-none. And I dunno what you're worrying about TV for if you've got the option of 100mb broadband, boyo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

I intend to get broadband also but there are 3 other TV sets in the house and one of them is for the old girl ..... she (who must be obayed:-)) is not keen on computers, especially when it comes to watching all her favourites.
    Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement