Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting Commission?

Options
  • 11-01-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have just been informed that I am not going to get paid my commission that I have earned in the last couple of months. I was told there was an issue with recording my sales, and there is no record of the sales I made. My boss acknowledged that this was completely the company's fault, but said there is nothing that can be done.

There is no mention of commission in my contract, but it seems extremely unfair that I am not getting paid, while all my co-workers are, through no fault of my own.

Any advice / suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Tell them to find out the total sales, less the sales figures for everyone else on the team, and to pay you commission on that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Previous poster makes an excellent point.

Are you willing to risk your job by going down the legal route, even if it's just a thread?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think the important question is how much do you think you'd have gotten from it? If it was lets say sub 50 EUR, not nice but get it corrected and move on, a couple of hundred+ then yea, you probably want to insist on some compensation.

Advertisement