Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire HD

Options
  • 11-01-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Have the above phone now for the last two weeks,and have one very annoying issue with my G Mail account.
    When I receive mail via "G Mail" I also receive it not only on the G Mail account icon,but also through the other Mail icon on the main page on my HD .In other words I receive it twice at the same time.
    Can anyone please help me with this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

There are 2 mail apps on the hd the gmail app and a generic email app for other email providers. You may have setup your meail on both apps so thats why your getting 2 notifications. So you need to delete the gmail account from the mail app. Then you should only recieve notifications from the gmail one.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

jd83 wrote: »
    There are 2 mail apps on the hd the gmail app and a generic email app for other email providers. You may have setup your meail on both apps so thats why your getting 2 notifications. So you need to delete the gmail account from the mail app. Then you should only recieve notifications from the gmail one.

Thanks jd83,
    Ca I ask you how I delete one of them ???:confused:

Just found out how to delete the second account Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You don't need to delete the account, just switch off the notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

you dont really need to set up your google account. It sets it up when you enter your gmail on first start up

After deleting the mail account,I turned on my phone this morning and I could not receive any mobile networks,I can receive Wi Fi at home OK.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Did you delete the APN? You didn't need to delete anything..

JustinOval wrote: »
    Did you delete the APN? You didn't need to delete anything..

Justin,
    Thanks very much.
    That is exactly what I did do:mad:
    But I set the APN menu back to default settings and all is OK:)

Thanks again for your prompt and excellent reply.GREAT STUFF!!!

Advertisement