Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Network using Magnet Access Gateway

Options
  • 11-01-2011 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi, I need help setting up my home network.

I have a Dell Latitude PC running Windows 7, a Hitachi TB external Hard Drive, a Playstation 3 and a Magnet Wireless Access gateway connecting to the internet.

I want to connect my hard drive to the gateway so that I can download movies using my laptop, storing them on my external hard drive, and then watching them through my PS3.

I've spoken to Magnet and they say that connecting all my devices should be possible using the access gateway and that I shouldn't need another device. I've connected my hard drive to the access gateway using a "usb -> ethernet" connector into the ethernet port, but this still isn't visible from my laptop when I try to map a network drive.

The hard-drive is formatted in FAT32 so that PS3 can read it.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Advertisement