Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Against All Odds 2011 PPV Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭

“The Stars of TNA will let nothing and no one stand in their way in their pursuit of glory and gold. TNA Wrestling presents Against All Odds live only on Pay-Per-View!”

218026_lg.jpg?101230104919143

The main event of TNA's Against All Odds PPV will be Ken Anderson (C) vs Jeff Hardy for the TNA Heavyweight Championship.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Also added

Samoa Joe vs. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

ppvposter.jpg
    Knockouts Title - Last Knockout Standing:
    Mickie James vs. (c) Madison Rayne
    1.jpg

The Pope vs Samoa Joe
    3.jpg

Street Fight:
    Bully Ray vs Brother Devon
    2.jpg

TNA Champion Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy in a Ladder Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle

(If Kurt Angle wins, he gets custody of his kids, if Jeff Jarrett wins, Kurt Angle has to walk Karen Jarrett down the aisle on March 3rd.)

X Division Champion Kazarian vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

(If Kurt Angle wins, he gets custody of his kids, if Jeff Jarrett wins, Kurt Angle has to walk Karen Jarrett down the aisle on March 3rd.
    )

And Russo strikes again . At this stage presume Angle will win since they have dragged it out long enough since BFG

And Russo strikes again . At this stage presume Angle will win since they have dragged it out long enough since BFG

Doubt it, the visual of Angle walking Karen down the aisle would make good TV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Doubt it, the visual of Angle walking Karen down the aisle would make good TV.

Wait til they turn it into a teddy-bear-on-a-pole match for the custody of Angle's kids. :pac:

I don't like this angle. Maybe it's because actual kids are involved who lived through a messy divorce and have a new dad, who have to go to school with their parents swearing at each other on TV.

With Rey/Eddie and Dominik, at least it you knew Rey and Eddie were big mates and it was just a storyline. I guess i'm a hypocrite for wanting more realistic angles in wrestling but i find this love triangle tasteless. Lita/Edge/Hardy = fine. Actual family decay being whored out by Russo = not fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

I know it isn't the most awe inspiring card ever assembled but it's still a pretty good one so I'm surprised TNA is still trying to sell the Fan Xperience on it's website thought they'd sell well for all PPV's.like $99 isn't much

http://shoptna.com/xperience.aspx

I think those packages are pretty close to selling out, Bob Ryder tweeted about there only being 11 left a few days ago.

ppvposter.jpg
    TNA World Heavyweight Title: Ladder Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. winner of Anderson vs. Morgan on iMPACT!

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett
    ppv1.jpg

Rob Van Dam vs Matt Hardy
    ppv2.jpg

3 Way #1 Contenders Match For The X Title
    Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck vs winner of Kendrick vs. Robbie E vs. Suicide on iMPACT!

Knockouts Title, Last Knockout Standing
    Mickie James vs. (c) Madison Rayne
    ppv5.jpg

The Pope vs Samoa Joe
    ppv4.jpg

Street Fight
    ppv3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

(If Kurt Angle wins, he gets custody of his kids, if Jeff Jarrett wins, Kurt Angle has to walk Karen Jarrett down the aisle on March 3rd.)

seriously is this the match stipulation, i have read an interview where angle said he was not happy with the storyline he was in with jarrett, but as i have not watched TNA in a long time i didnt know what was happening. actually why am i surprised since russo is booking this company, anything is possible and now it really it is, my only surprise is if angle is so annoyed with it, why is he going through with it.

seriously is this the match stipulation, i have read an interview where angle said he was not happy with the storyline he was in with jarrett, but as i have not watched TNA in a long time i didnt know what was happening.

got a nasty feeling that Jarrett will win tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

jmolloy wrote: »
    got a nasty feeling that Jarrett will win tbh

well after reading angles interview, and vince russo is booking it, i get the same feeling

World : Jeff Hardy vs. [Anderson OR Morgan]
    This match should be good. Hopefully they tell a story and have a few nice spots. Would be a better match if Jeff was face and his opponent heel.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett
    After being swerved last month with an angle match (i.e. no wrestling at all, just an angle) I feel burnt and expect another non-match. Please prove me wrong TNA.

Rob Van Dam vs Matt Hardy
    It wasn't good last month and I doubt anything's changed this month. Why are these two fighting again? You want Hardy? You got Hardy! Sigh!

X-D title match.
    Avoiding spoilers again, but I would've wanted other people in this match. Also, why make plans if you're just going to renege on them a week or two later? (looks at "they" ....nevermind!) Still tho this should be match of the night; if they're allowed to go at their usual pace and get 15 minutes.

Last (Wo)man standing : Mickie James vs. (c) Madison Rayne
    Go away.

The Pope vs Samoa Joe
    I predict a lazy, poor match. Joe couldn't care less. Maybe next month will be a Orphanage in a Kennel match.

I bet this ends up to be one of the best matches on the card. Dudleyz can work a crowd very well and a street fight is what's best for them. Next month a table match so.... sigh.

==========

Overall it's better than last month; but are you sure they couldn't find a spot for AJ? Another "booking for TV, not for PPV" decision :(

jaykhunter wrote: »
    After being swerved last month with an angle match (i.e. no wrestling at all, just an angle) I feel burnt and expect another non-match. Please prove me wrong TNA.

X-D title match.
    Also, why make plans if you're just going to renege on them a week or two later?

Overall it's better than last month; but are you sure they couldn't find a spot for AJ? Another "booking for TV, not for PPV" decision :(

I'd imagine Jarrett and Angle will have a match but with a dodgy finish, I can't see Jarrett losing yet. What do you mean by the reneging on plans bit? And AJ isn't 100% so I doubt he'd have been on the show regardless of what happened on TV.

Oh right, that's ok then. Just used to having wrestlers on TV that are fit to wrestle! Forgot AJ's out due to his toddler-bump :eek::o

I heard that
    the X-D title is now a fourway? Which is not what was originally intended; in that it was supposed to be a #1 contenders at AAO and the winner to face Kaz but they're fast-forwarding it and making it a four-way that includes Kaz.

Last (Wo)man standing : Mickie James vs. (c) Madison Rayne
    Go away.

Feel you are been very harsh on this match. 2 good female workers has a good build, admittedly a finish we can all see coming but given the right amount of time these two could outshine the male counterparts. Also probably 2 of the best entry musics around, actually gotta give it to TNA they do entry music good in general (excluding Jeff Hardy)

Females having (one of) the best matches on PPV is 2008, not 2011 :(

I'm sick of hearing/knowing how good the KO/Divas division could be, and seeing what it is. A load of fake-titted bleach-blondes calling each other sluts and b!tches... "good for women's matches" isn't good enough for me anymore.

You should probably just ignore my comments. I'm having a real hard time with TNA atm. My two 'anchors' that made me look forward to TNA every week was Jarrett's MMA gimmick and Jeff Hardy's heel run as champion, and both have been taken away from me :(

The Knockouts division is at it's best quality since 2008 - Mickie James has done an awesome job injecting life into it.
    I heard that
    the X-D title is now a fourway? Which is not what was originally intended; in that it was supposed to be a #1 contenders at AAO and the winner to face Kaz but they're fast-forwarding it and making it a four-way that includes Kaz.

They've never mentioned that on TV and I don't think they taped anything in that direction.

You should probably just ignore my comments. I'm having a real hard time with TNA atm. My two 'anchors' that made me look forward to TNA every week was Jarrett's MMA gimmick and Jeff Hardy's heel run as champion, and both have been taken away from me :(

I know where you are coming from I go from liking TNA to having it piss me off beyond belief usually within the same segment :-)

A couple of weeks ago was it the plan to have three qualifying matches for a three-way for the X-D #1 contenders and have the winner of that face Kaz?

TNA can't remember a plan when they tape shows on the same day let alone over a month

• Advertisement

A couple of weeks ago was it the plan to have three qualifying matches for a three-way for the X-D #1 contenders and have the winner of that face Kaz?

Yeah, they announced it like that when they had the first qualifier - some wrestling sites just weren't really paying attention and listed it as a four way X-title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

steiner & Beer Money V Rob Terry, Gunner & Murphy has also been added apparently.

never has any tag match been so one sided talent wise.

three absolute planks of wood on the one side - steiner, roode and storm have their work cut out for them carrying this disaster.

TNA Championship/Ladder Match
    1.jpg
    Champion Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy

If Kurt Angle Wins, He Gets Custody Of His Children
    If Jeff Jarrett Wins, Kurt Must Walk Karen Down The Isle At Their Wedding
    ppv1.jpg
    Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

TNA Knockouts Championship/Last Knockout Standing Match
    ppv5.jpg
    Champion Madison Rayne vs. Mickie James

Street Fight Match
    ppv3.jpg
    Brother Devon & His Sons vs. Bully Ray

ppv2.jpg
    Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy

ppv4.jpg
    Samoa Joe vs. The Pope

ppv8.jpg
    Beer Money & Scott Steiner vs. Gunner, Murphy, Rob Terry

#1 Contendors Match For X Division Title
    ppv6.jpg
    Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E

TNA Championship/Ladder Match

Champion Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy
    Should be a great match see Anderson retaining

If Kurt Angle Wins, He Gets Custody Of His Children
    If Jeff Jarrett Wins, Kurt Must Walk Karen Down The Isle At Their Wedding
    Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett
    There's still life in this feud and despite the sick taste the storyline leaves Jarrett to win

TNA Knockouts Championship/Last Knockout Standing Match
    Champion Madison Rayne vs. Mickie James
    Still predicting this to be up there with the match of the night. Mickie to win though

Street Fight Match
    Brother Devon vs. Bully Ray
    I forget who won the first one so whoever won that will lose this and rubber match next month. After that Dudleys as singles wrestlers doesn't appeal

Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy
    RVD hopefully

Samoa Joe vs. The Pope
    Pope has more behind him, whatever happened Joe he used to be the man now he's an afterthough

Beer Money & Scott Steiner vs. Gunner, Murphy, Rob Terry
    Fourtune to go strong

#1 Contenders Match For X Division Title
    Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E
    Why Robbie E? Why not

I'm surprised there is only 2 title matches on the card and why no matches for Morgan, Styles, Kaz and MCMG :confused:

I'm surprised there is only 2 title matches on the card and why no matches for Morgan, Styles, Kaz and MCMG :confused:

simple explanation for that. It's TNA

and Shelley's out injured so thats why no mcmg. Sabin would've added to the x division match tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'm actually really looking forward to this card, guarantee this will be a much better show than No Way Out. If I could only watch one this month, Against All Odds would get the nod from me. The build up has just been so much better.

I don't have a problem with Kurt Angle's kids being involved in this storyline. It adds a real and personal factor to the story, making it believable in the process. Besides, Kurt's three girls looked really happy in those segments, looked really excited to be on TV, they looked like they were enjoying the moment.

I don't know how one can fault Russo here. We have seen the build up of a decent angle with a lot of realism to it, and at the PPV we are going to get the in-ring pay-off between two of the best wrestlers of the last 10 years, who are capable of putting on the best match of the night.

Where's the problem?!

Oh and why don't we have a TNA PPV prediction game going on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Agreed that most of the big matches feel important since they have been brewing for awhile eg Angle/Jarrett , Pope/Joe and Hardy/Anderson and even Madison/Mickie

Yea was thinking we should have a TNA prediction thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

hell yeah i'll join in on the prediction game.

although with the propencity for mad finishes and matches being changed on the fly - russo style - how'll we manage that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I can run the TNA prediction game if ya want

Advertisement