Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Request - Population

Options
  • 11-01-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody have any links to Population Pyramid style data?

I assume in Ireland's case any data post 2006 would have to be an estimate due to the census taking place in 2006. But I would like to illustrate international comparisons and am having trouble find ing the relevant data (need non-EU countries too).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Anonymous1987

noodler wrote: »
    Does anybody have any links to Population Pyramid style data?

I assume in Ireland's case any data post 2006 would have to be an estimate due to the census taking place in 2006. But I would like to illustrate international comparisons and am having trouble find ing the relevant data (need non-EU countries too).
    This UN dataset may be of use, I've never used it but if you scroll down the variables you'll find population pyramid style data, it also includes projections.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This UN dataset may be of use, I've never used it but if you scroll down the variables you'll find population pyramid style data, it also includes projections.

Thanks.

I actually found this http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idb/country.php

Which uses the domestic sources for its data anyway - very handy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 murphy93

Thanks great link very useful

Advertisement